Thought I'd do I quick write up on this rifle as I couldn't find one one here.

Well I'd start by saying this is exactly what I was after, a reliable fly functioning AR15 platform.
this thing can be customised to the max! Stocks, grips, ambi switch, rails etc etc.
The thing about the AR platform that appealed to me was the endless possibilities of customisation and different uses such as practical target to hunting.

Now, the entire receiver and rail system is a polymer material (a good thing), it's tough as old boots, relatively light weight even with a scope, bipod and tac light.
I like this material a lot and reckon that manufacturers will begin to favour this material over time (probably evidenced by heckler and Koch and the use of it in the G36).

I opted for 3 hi cap mags (25rnds each), don't ask me why but at the time figured it was a good idea :-/ for hunting, it was not lol, the mag is too long to go prone unless you have a very flexible back and don't mind severe cramping!
That said, the 10 round mag that comes with it solves this issue and let's face it who on earth needs to go hunting with a 25rnd mag?

The barrel is of reasonable quality, S&W say match grade...maybe but with the stock trigger you'd never know! The trigger is shit...end of! The pull weight is about 7 1/2lb! It's a bastard!
I'm putting an aftermarket trigger unit in mine, probably the 3lb match trigger from timney.

The controls are as an AR would be, functioning bolt release, last round hold open, mag release and safety.

I've found the best rounds for me were CCI mini mags, it loves them and can get sub inch groupings (even with the stupid trigger) at 65 yards! Starts to open up a bit beyond 75/80 yards but decent enough out to 100 yards, at 100 yards groupings are about 3 inches but I feel that the super stiff trigger is responsible for this.
Obviously minimags are a little loud for hunting so I tried winchester sub's and spot on! I only really use this out to about 80yards really, any more than that and I'll go to my savage .17hmr.
Subsonics are barely audible, cycle flawlessly (I've had about 3or 4 FTF in about 2500 rnds)

On the whole a great rifle, just a shame about the trigger. Great for multiple applications and the shorter 10rnd mag is a must for hunting!

Dan