Thread: 223, l21a1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baymarine View Post
    How would I find this out?
    It's not M193 so don't worry.

This is Ruag ammo made for the military and has the T for training, as it wasn't passed for use 'in theatre', I think because of some packaging issues and not due to the ammo itself.

This is to all other intents and purposes the same as standard military fodder, eg SS109 with the 62gn bullet.
    It is rather good for target use (certainly one of the best of the surplus lots out there) but not really suitable for use on foxes and the like.

BTW M193 has the 55gn bullet.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sarge4318 View Post
    It's not M193 so don't worry.

This is Ruag ammo made for the military and has the T for training, as it wasn't passed for use 'in theatre', I think because of some packaging issues and not due to the ammo itself.

This is to all other intents and purposes the same as standard military fodder, eg SS109 with the 62gn bullet.
    It is rather good for target use (certainly one of the best of the surplus lots out there) but not really suitable for use on foxes and the like.

BTW M193 has the 55gn bullet.
    Thanks for the info very interesting looks like you know your stuff, still not sure if I should use them!
    Silver Pigeon 3, 28" 12g Left hand o/u, Beretta Silver Pigeon S 28" 20g o/u / Benelli Super Black Eagle II; 12g; 3 1/2" magnum left hand cz .22 cz .17 browning x bolt 223