Thread: pistol targets. .are these any good?

pistol targets. .are these any good?

Hi all.

I've just bought an old co2 pistol from a pal and I'm looking for something to shoot at that will last longer than the cans and deodorant bottles I've been using so far.

Has any one tried these?
    Are they worth the dosh ? They look like they should stand up to a pistol...

http://www.gr8fun.net/AirgunTargets/...pack-p-65.html

If they are no good are there any recommendations? I'm just plinking in the garden.

cheers
    S

They look good fun, my only thought is that as they fall backwards the pellet will travel upwards after it hits.

It will probably not have much kinetic energy left in it but it might be difficult to control where they end their journey, and remember, anything that leaves your property could land you in trouble.

I like spinners that hang down myself, these generally send pellets safely downwards but if you have plenty of room or can control where the pellet ends up (This might not even be a problem anyway, just my own observation) then I bet the targets in the link are great.
    Last edited by blooregard; 12-11-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Something like this may be better and can be used with a rifle.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...%5D-47017.html

Unless it is a CO2 pistol with a bit of poke chances are you will not knock those over.

ha ha!

I'm new to pistol shooting. Those little targets in the link would never get hit!

hence me wanting some bigger.
    I'm shooting at approx 10m boundaries are well away with hedges around. ... how far could a pellet deflect? approx?
    The video on the home page shows the targets flying off the stands. I may have to give these a go. .
    Cheers
    S

Well I bought 5 pack.

First impressions are very good.
    Sturdy little things that should last. At 10m a hit flattens them. If the hit is low it spins the silhouette before dropping it. A mid to high hit and over it goes. The base is quite small so they are not very stable.
    I've had loads of fun with them. ..I only wish I had gone for the 8 pack instead as I'm get better and better at hitting them now.

Cheers

S