Thread: new to hft

new to hft

hi all i am new to HFT can anyone give me some feedback on the Hammerli AR20FT as is a gun i am interested in
    thanks in advance
    Alan

I had one of these for a while, for me it felt like it was made from excellent individual components - super barrel, good trigger, excellent shot count, however the whole package never felt quite right or ballanced.
    For HFT you absolutely need a rifle you are confortable with so do go to a club and try a few before you buy, you never know how it will feel until you try it. Quicker and cheaper than buying and selling half a dozen rifles before you get there as well..
    Should you really want a rifle to start with, pick up a second hand S400 - very accurate and easy to get on with and you will be able to sell it for much the same money if you decide to change later on.
    Best of luck - HFT is addictive!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

I started off with a BSA and went through loads of rifles including a fwb p70 and I have gone back to a s400 but my trusty s400 is now up for sale as I'm getting a new ftp900.if your interested mate it's in sale section.

I have an ar20 and I have to say for the money 2nd hand they are great value .I would say its atleast as accurate as both my steyr lg110's . they are a bit heavy ,which I prefer but can be remedied by fitting a lighter junior or titanium cylinder ,biggest downfall is the cocking bolt is quite hard to cock ,if only it were a side lever. most people tend to mod the shroud as it can lead to poi change due to pushing on the barrel.
    As already mentioned , these are like marmite so you ought to try one to see how you like it .
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

As that lot say If you can get used to the cocking bolt, the rifle is sound!
    If they changed the cocking bolts the rifle would double in popularity imo
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!