Thread: SAM k14 in for sale section

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Nick,

I think you will find there were several reasons why the SAM could not be made under the Morini banner and like the new Morini that you have just bought it was also made in Switzerland.

So basically both pistols are the same regarding their manufacture and both of them were designed by Casare Morini, but neither of them are made by him and both of them are made in Switzerland.

The story goes that neither the Morini or the SAM names are available to Cesare to use as the Morini brand was sold by him to the Swiss, and the also the newer design that Swiss Air Arms (SAM) now make .

The only air pistols that he makes are Match Guns and these cannot have the Morini brand name on them either !

I am sure somebody with more detailed knowledge about this can jump in here with a bit more history regarding these events.

It is interesting to know that you considered a Match Guns MG1 - do you not think it looks an awful lot like the SAM K14?

I do like the vertical pellet loading idea - another Cesare first!
    Last edited by zooma; 19-12-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.