Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAM k14 in for sale section

SAM k14 in for sale section

Heads up for anyone looking for a top quality air pistol.

Also several Steyr LP Left hand Grips and cylinders for sale.

Update

SAM K14 still available.
    Spare Steyr cylinders sold.

Not for sale

Can't bring myself to sell this!
    Had a look at it last night, it's such a nice interesting pistol that i have just ordered a new rink grip and going to give it go.

Would rather sell my new black LP10!

Good decision.

Your K14 is a "minter" and it is a superbly engineered pistol from the design by Morini - and you also shoot well with it and keeping it means you will not regret selling it in the future when you would find it a lot harder to replace than your LP10.

......it's also nice to have something that is "just a little bit different" from all the other pistols that you will see everywhere you shoot 10 meter competition.

With a custom made RINK grip to fit your hand this could be a winning combination
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

With a custom made RINK grip to fit your hand this could be a winning combination
    And I bet you just happen to know where there is a custom made RINK grip for sale.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

well

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    And I bet you just happen to know where there is a custom made RINK grip for sale.
    i doubt bob has got one, (i am left handed) or he would have sold it to me already. we are both big fans of rink grips, infact, i already own 6, with another on order for the SAM from Rink this morning.

Nick,
    Ha ha, you used to be indecisive....but now you're not sure!! Have you got any 4.50 Finale Match? If so can I buy them? Or swap for the JSBs that Harry recommends...I've got seven tins of them!

The SAM is a good pistol but your Morini is better built, and with a much better trigger!

See you on Saturday.

-Nick-
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Rink Grips

Rink Grips are nice, have you seen the Ciro Grips? They were made by Mannel after he left Morini.....they look gorgeous!

Incidentally I have a small Rink grip for an LP50 that i needs to sell, it got a bit damaged in the post but is fixable if you know anyone who may want it..
    Fierynick

Ciro

Will check them out thanks. Really need some more grips badly ;0)

It's a shame that the Rink grips aren't interchangeable between the LP50 and the LP10 like the factory grips.

The other grips to look for are 'Nilles Griffs' they are nice too. The Ciro grips are rare as rocking horse poo! But are lovely wood and beautifully sculpted.
    Although you know my view on grips.....cover them in filler and comp stickers....you can hardly see my Steyr grips they're that covered in EC stickers!
    Have you got a 5 shot at the moment? If so I'll be doing a bit of Rapid Fire on Saturday if you fancied it?
    Fierynick

Quote Originally Posted by Fierynick View Post
    Nick,

The SAM is a good pistol but your Morini is better built, and with a much better trigger!

-Nick-
    Can't agree with that, I am an engineer and I like the build of both, if I thought that this SAM K14 wasn't well built i would never have purchased one.
    Zooma can confirm, it's well put together, and the trigger is superb. Makes you wonder why you need the added complication of a £265 control board and batteries when you can get a trigger this good without electronics.

Anyway, don't take my word for it, I will bring it along Saturday with the other bits you want to try out, and if we get time, I will fit the right hand grip and you can have a shoot.

Yes, got a new LP50 (standard length) with Rink Grips. ;0)
    Last edited by nickm marshall; 18-12-2013 at 09:24 PM.

I owned a SAM, they are very good, but the Morini is better! The SAMs trigger is pretty good but the Morini trigger is the best that there is.... In fact its so good that people sacrifice lack of adjustability and lack of a shot stabiliser for it. The balance of the SAM is very impressive though.
    The SAM is becoming a bit of a collectors piece, but I'm a shooter, not a collector!
    Have you got a long or a short LP50? I've got to get practicing..... I'll tell you why on Saturday as don't want to post 'ifs, buts and maybes' on here...
    Fierynick

[QUOTE=Fierynick;6207915)

-Nick-[/QUOTE]

The SAM K14 and K15 are newer designs from the hand of Morini - and I don't think he has gone backwards!

Morini has the gift to make superb air pistol designs that work and his innovation toward air pistol improvements over the years has been unrivalled.

All Morini pistol designs are good and the SAM is beautifully executed.

The Morini has the best trigger out there, how anyone can argue this is beyond me! This is just accepted as fact, by all competitive pistol shooters worldwide! I don't doubt the SAM is good, but if it was that good it would have been built under the 'Morini' banner.
    Have you seen the MG1? This isa another one of Cesare Morinis designs, its fantastically balanced, and features both a mechanical and an electronic trigger! It was one if the options that I looked at before buying my Morini. I was tempted but its very new out, and as countless LP10e and Titanium owners will agree new designs can have teething problems....
    Fierynick

Hi Nick,

I think you will find there were several reasons why the SAM could not be made under the Morini banner and like the new Morini that you have just bought it was also made in Switzerland.

So basically both pistols are the same regarding their manufacture and both of them were designed by Casare Morini, but neither of them are made by him and both of them are made in Switzerland.

The story goes that neither the Morini or the SAM names are available to Cesare to use as the Morini brand was sold by him to the Swiss, and the also the newer design that Swiss Air Arms (SAM) now make .

The only air pistols that he makes are Match Guns and these cannot have the Morini brand name on them either !

I am sure somebody with more detailed knowledge about this can jump in here with a bit more history regarding these events.

It is interesting to know that you considered a Match Guns MG1 - do you not think it looks an awful lot like the SAM K14?

I do like the vertical pellet loading idea - another Cesare first!
    Last edited by zooma; 19-12-2013 at 05:02 PM.