Soviet tractor? The poor IZH has also been likened to an industrial stapler!

Match pistol grips often get modified... many coaches encourage owners to add or remove material to fit the individual's hand better... this can happen to any make of pistol, so it's certainly not restricted to the Izzy, although one could argue that the IZH's grips are more of a 'blank canvas' than some (perhaps most) other match grips.

There is another grip issue that affects some (but seemingly not all) IZH46s... the grips can be a poor fit to the metalwork. This can allow movement between the wood and metal, which can be felt when cocking the pistol. Mine had that 'wobble' and TBH I was gutted about it, but it was actually quite easy to fix - by shimming with some strips cut from a plastic milk container.

Failure to recognise 'why' the grips wobble, can result in owners over-tightning the grip screws (which doesn't cure it, but does cause more damage).

In all honesty, I think the 'right' price for a Izzy would be more like 300 new / 200 used. But I guess Russian imports and not that way any more.