Quote Originally Posted by SimonR View Post
Thanks for the advice. Just to clarify. Layout of the house is such that I can just about manage to create a 10 meter range indoors and for the 'less cold' days over winter could shoot out of the house into the garden easily over ten meters, so perhaps sound less of an issue. Curious with regard to your observations over a Brocock and mention of a stirrup pump. Had a friend who very many years ago had some sort of Brocock revolver which he fairly rapidly sold because it took so long to pump up cartridges relative to the time to shoot them that it was utterly frustrating. Having looked at the web the Brocock seems good for approx 30/40 shots in .177. Do you have an estimate of how long it would take to recharge using a pump? The psi seems pretty high!!
Again many thanks for your help.
Simon
That Brocock revolver was and air cartridge gun, now illegal to own. Each cartridge gave one shot and needed pumping indivually.
The new Brococks are PCP so need filling once every 40 shots or so. The fill pressure is around 3000psi and that's why you need a PCP pump or a diver's tank to refill them. I can't be bothered with tanks so I use a pump to fill my 3 PCP rifles and one PCP pistol. It works out about one pump per shot on average. So if it takes you 10 minutes to shoot your 40 pellets (bearing in mind that all you have to do is pull back a little bolt and pop in a pellet), it might then take 1 minute to refil the gun.