Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BSA R10 Mk2 sent to Belfast

I am happy that it has been sorted for you but even so 3 and a half weeks is a silly amount of time for them to sort it and will be even longer by the time you get it back hopefully undamaged.

Glad your getting it back mate, got to say after my dealings with the PO I didn't have much hope for you.

Just got this reply to my email,about how to avoid this happening again,if for talking sake,i sent it for a service...hypertheticly of course...BECAUSE I WONT BE USING RM
    Still know sign of it,probably on the slow boat from Iteland

Email Reply

On Friday, 6 December 2013, 7:46, "customerservice@your.royalmail.com" <customerservice@your.royalmail.com> wrote:

Dear Mr Allison

Thank you for your further email.

I understand that there will come a time when you need to post your sporting air-rifle, to be serviced, in the not too distant future. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can currently do that would prevent your parcel being screened and possibly sent to our National Returns Centre for further inspection.

I realise that we held your item up for quite a while on this occasion and for this, I really cannot apologise enough. However, please be assured that steps are being taken to try and reduce the time it takes to inspect suspicious parcels. I therefore trust that any inspections we need to carry out on your future parcels will take place a lot faster.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your suggestion about special labelling for this type of item. Please be assured that your suggestion has been forwarded to my colleagues who are responsible for our Dangerous Goods Policy, for their attention. Although I cannot elaborate, if something can be done to improve the services we provide, they will certainly consider all the feedback & suggestions we have received before implementing any improvements.

I hope you have found this information reassuring and that this explanation resolves your enquiry and concludes this matter for you. If there is anything else we can help you with though, please let us know.

Regards

Mike Griffiths
    Customer Service Advisor
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

Update

Well after being told a week ago exactly,my R10 was on its way back to me....it arrived today.
    You could tell it had been on a royal mail jauntby the amount of labels on the bag the box was in.
    The contents were all fine,and show no signs of abuse from RM employees.It has been a very long 4 weeks
    but am i glad its over.All i need to do is find the time to set it up,but i dont care how long it takes,as long as its in my posession,and not royal mails.Thanks for all the support

ATB
    Brian
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

I like a happy ending!

Happy shooting mate.....you deserve it
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman

Smile

Glad this story has a happy ending. Just get it set up now and happy shooting.

There's hope for us all then!
    Glad you got a happy ending.
    AA s410 KT .177 HW100T .177 BSA R10 .177 Theoben MFR.20 . Webley Alecto.
    Geordie.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Update

Well after being told a week ago exactly,my R10 was on its way back to me....it arrived today.
    You could tell it had been on a royal mail jauntby the amount of labels on the bag the box was in.
    The contents were all fine,and show no signs of abuse from RM employees.It has been a very long 4 weeks
    but am i glad its over.All i need to do is find the time to set it up,but i dont care how long it takes,as long as its in my posession,and not royal mails.Thanks for all the support

ATB
    Brian

Good news. Now just pray it carries on working and doesn't have to be sent back to BSA for repair!

Great news, so glad it has turned up and in one piece too. The stress is over so get out and enjoy your rifle