Thread: mamba lite close focus

mamba lite close focus

does anyone know if the obj lens lens can be adjusted/screwed in/out so it will focus closer?

andrew

ttt please

I'm sure any scope CAN be adjusted with the correct tools, but mine already focuses down to about 4m and is usable down to 2.5m, you just need to turn the mag down, even at 10x mine is crystal clear down to 8m

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I'm sure any scope CAN be adjusted with the correct tools, but mine already focuses down to about 4m and is usable down to 2.5m, you just need to turn the mag down, even at 10x mine is crystal clear down to 8m
    As above really - how close do you want to focus down to?! Mine is clear at any ranges I'd want to shoot at, unless of course you want to use it as a microscope....

Unless - you bought it 2nd hand and a previous user possibly used it on a rimfire and re-parallaxed to 100 yards or something?

Mark
    Laminate stock HW100KT .177, HW100KT .22, HW95K luxus .22, BSA Meteor Mk3 .22, SMK Mod 12 .177, MAS 0.07 .177 BB CO2, Gamo P-23 CO2

Quote Originally Posted by HW100/90 View Post
    As above really - how close do you want to focus down to?! Mine is clear at any ranges I'd want to shoot at, unless of course you want to use it as a microscope....

Unless - you bought it 2nd hand and a previous user possibly used it on a rimfire and re-parallaxed to 100 yards or something?

Mark
    what ranges do you normally shoot?,must be further than me,

i use mine for ratting,

andrew

Quote Originally Posted by andrewluke View Post
    what ranges do you normally shoot?,must be further than me,

i use mine for ratting,

andrew
    As per previous poster - full mag will focus clearly at 10 yards, lowest mag about 2-3 yards. If you need a scope for closer ranges than that I would seriously think about a red dot sight or similar.
    Laminate stock HW100KT .177, HW100KT .22, HW95K luxus .22, BSA Meteor Mk3 .22, SMK Mod 12 .177, MAS 0.07 .177 BB CO2, Gamo P-23 CO2

It might be that the OP is using it with a night vision add-on which probably means that it doesn't focus as close with NV as it does during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    It might be that the OP is using it with a night vision add-on which probably means that it doesn't focus as close with NV as it does during the day.
    you are correct,

andrew

Hi Andrew.
    To the best of my knowledge NO they carnt be adjusted, (think they are glue fixed in), if i remember gary cooper once answered this. My mamba-lite is usable with the n/v add on to around 8 yds, for close range ratting with the n/v add on i use the jsr 3-9x40 ao (not sold new now) this will focus down to 2 1/2 yds with the n/v, but it front focus, as are just about all close focus scopes.

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post
    Hi Andrew.
    To the best of my knowledge NO they carnt be adjusted, (think they are glue fixed in), if i remember gary cooper once answered this. My mamba-lite is usable with the n/v add on to around 8 yds, for close range ratting with the n/v add on i use the jsr 3-9x40 ao (not sold new now) this will focus down to 2 1/2 yds with the n/v, but it front focus, as are just about all close focus scopes.

Dave (warbucks)
    thank you,

andrew

With my Cobra Merlin fitted to my 3-12 mamba-lite I can focus down to about 6 yds on 3x but I have to refocus the Merlin both front & rear from my normal settings.

For regular use at such short range I'd either go with a 1.5-5 range scope
    or take 10steps back & shoot from a longer range