Thread: JSB Exact RS 4.52 .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

JSB Exact RS 4.52 .177

As the title say JSB Exact RS 4.52 .177 I have just had a chance of using these today and found them to be the best pellets I have used so far in my HW100kt. Has anyone else used these at all, and if so what was your verdict on them. I was getting a group of 5 pellets in a 5p circle at 35 yrds. Previously was using JSB Exacts 4.52.

I know this may have be asked before but really would like some feedback from other users and what they think of them before I jump in and buy a batch. I am using these for HFT not for hunting. I am only interested in feedback on these pellets and no other recommendations.

Look forward to you comments :salut:
    Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional
    Iden Ferns Airgun Club

Quote Originally Posted by UPINSMOKE View Post
    As the title say JSB Exact RS 4.52 .177 I have just had a chance of using these today and found them to be the best pellets I have used so far in my HW100kt. Has anyone else used these at all, and if so what was your verdict on them. I was getting a group of 5 pellets in a 5p circle at 35 yrds. Previously was using JSB Exacts 4.52.

I know this may have be asked before but really would like some feedback from other users and what they think of them before I jump in and buy a batch. I am using these for HFT not for hunting. I am only interested in feedback on these pellets and no other recommendations.

Look forward to you comments :salut:
    They were crap in my BSAs, the new style self indexing magazine crushes those extremely soft pellet skirts causing jams and horrible accuracy. I heard they need to be loaded from the front of the magazine to work properly, that works with them in my .22 mags but I haven't tried it in .177 guns.

RS

I have used them, maybe 2 years ago in a Steyr. Indoors they were great, they weren't bad outdoors in a near windless day but in a strong wind they were terrible, terrible compared to 7.9 grain Express. They weren't designed for magazine use Pavel (JSB) made these for his target shooting hobby where single pellet loading is the order of the day.
    My friend tried them in a Walther and had similar results. My son knows somebody that has used them effectively in a springer for HFT though and it's often windy at these places. It's likely to be things like air delivery and barrel twist rates that decide how effectively your gun uses them.
    Good deals with;Highland Warrior, UK Neil, ffireblade, Rapidnick

Hi,
    My S400 and hw77 loved them, HW101 not so much.
    Extremely accurate and a trajectory that made 40yard 25mm targets very easy, could fit 25-40yard aim points comfortably in the kill.
    But stopped using them as I found them inconsistent in the wind. Also, to get them running fast enough in a pcp to get the full advantage, heavy pellets will be too close to the legal limit.
    It took me a long while to fully appreciate why most people use 8.4 grain pellets. Because they work.
    si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

My hw100tk isn't fussy it will haplilly shoot superdomes as well as Jsb

But I find the AA field 8.4 grain to be the best pellet in both my Rapid and Hw100 I wouldn't want to admit the ranges on here that they have killed at, but I will say this that where I sometimes set my hide up there is a pylon wire that stretches across the field and if a woodie decides to stop off for a rest it usually ends being permenant.

But if we are talking group sizes there are very little between 4.51 and 4.52 in my hw they both will do the 5p groups at 30yrds.

Although I haven't tried the RS are they just heavier? if so that may be because they are just more stable in the air but I don't like the loopy trajectory as Bisley magnums are the only pellet both my guns don't like.

Have found the Exact RS and Falcon Accuracy (same pellet different die) to group extremely well in springers, you can go up to 860fps with them, I set mine around the 840-50fps mark!
    Last edited by Artfull-Bodger; 18-11-2013 at 12:57 PM.