Thread: air arms pp1 help needed

air arms pp1 help needed

hi guy's, at long last i have purchased a pp1, she's no. 56. in good condition. i have just collected it today from a gunsmith but have no info. for the moment i would just like to know the fill pressure so i can use it tomorrow. i would guess at 190/200 bar but would like to be sure. any other info would be great.
    thanks guy's, regards
    terry

I have two of these. Official fill pressure was 165.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

thanks mate, 165, pleased i asked now. can you tell me how many shots to expect and what pellets you prefer.
    thanks.
    terry

Terry,

You'll be lucky to get 30 decent shots with the short version of this pistol (I have number 52 bought new). However, I also have number 11, which has the long reservoir. This performed best when filled to only 130 bar. I can't remember how many shots I got with that one. They were used for Silhouette Pistol comps where the course was only 20 shots. They both shot well with Superdomes.

Somewhere or other, I have the booklet that came with the newer pistol and a chart of the chrono readings for a full charge. This was plotted against a Titan pistol, which filled to 185 bar and gave 70 consistent shots. The PP1 was more comfortable to hold.

Good luck with your new acquisition.

David
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

thanks very much for that david, i didn't know they came in 2 lengths, but quite sure mine is the longer one
    good night bud
    regards
    terry