Thread: Rifle Advice

Rifle Advice

Hello, I am a keen bell target shooter but I dont shoot any other type of competitions. I have been shooting for around 3 years and I have my own FWB 300s gun which is nearly 40 years old and wondered if I need to update my gun to one that doesnt use spring power. I have noticed many of the better shooters have very expensive guns and fancy jackets and many have updated their guns from the older spring powered ones over the years. Are the modern guns more accurate than the 300s, some say of cause but others say if you can keep still the 300s is just as accurate for bell target shooting. I get so many different answers but why would shooters want so expensive equipment for bell target, 6 yards, 7 shots to score.

Do you shoot in the Wellingborough area if so I know a quite good shooter looking for a team to shoot for in the area.
    Thanks
    Steve

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Fwb 300

The 300s is as accurate as the modern match rifles as makes little difference, and there is a lot of tolerance on a bell target. The modern PCP is a lot better, but the big advantages are on ballance, general ergonomics, faster lock time, and recoil characteristics. A good well fitting modern jacket will help your stability, but only if your technique is good, improving your technique will make the real difference.
    Good Shooting
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?