Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeron B96 Owners

Aeron B96 Owners

Hi guys,

I've just acquired one of these Aeron B96 pistols and was wondering if we might get an "owners" type thread up and running, with the mods permission of course.
    That way we might have a single point of reference/contact should we encounter problems down the line and we can all share our experience of this pistol. Here's hoping.....

Been thinking of acquiring one of these myself. What would be a reasonable price to pay?

Also, I have heard there is a low shot count with a 12g bulb. Can the power be adjusted. It would be handy for general plinking if so. If not, I believe you can get a larger CO2 cylinder ...
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by snodgrass49 View Post
    Been thinking of acquiring one of these myself. What would be a reasonable price to pay?

Also, I have heard there is a low shot count with a 12g bulb. Can the power be adjusted. It would be handy for general plinking if so. If not, I believe you can get a larger CO2 cylinder ...
    If its been serviced, cased with all the original accessories inc. both 5 shot mags and the single shot adaptor you'd be lucky to see one under £350...if any of the above are absent or its never been serviced then £250 would be the bottom end of the market.

As for shot count - I get 80 shots per 12g powerlet set at about 450fps obviously if it was set higher it would be less...
    You can't really get larger cylinders without a lash-up of some kind although the standard accessories contain what you need for bulk filling the gun.
    (Other than a CO2 supply & maybe an adaptor depending on your tank)
    Last edited by harvey_s; 24-11-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Thanks for that. Most helpful.

The problem will be finding one!
    Or just buy a Steyr for £1000 more.

Mmmmm ...!

Aeron B96

I too get an average of 80 good shots with 12g CO2 bulbs, as you run out of gas the action ceases to work and the pistol vents the remaining gas. You can bulk fill and one of the most convenient and easy ways is to use an S30 type refillable gas canister available through "home brew" outlets. Costs about £25 initially then when empty you just return your canister and swap it for a full one for about £5. S30 holds about 240g of CO2 equivalent to around 20 12g bulbs. There's another way using a fire extinguisher as a bulk source to refill your own S30 but I've not fully researched this one yet. A full service at "chess winning move" guns........don't want to risk advertising in case it's forbidden (just trying to help people out) will cost £75 as of todays current rate and they also have some parts available from time to time. Enjoy........

Pellets

Meant to ask, what pellets are you guys putting through your?
    Ta.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    RWS Geco's mostly as you get through them at fair rate of knots

Pellets

Cheers Harvey.

Rear sight

Folks,
    another update in the hopes of keeping all relevant information in one thread. Prior to me purchasing it my B96 had evidently been dropped at some point, landing on its' rear sight (sods law). Although not immediately apparent, or I'd have chipped the price down, this resulted in it shearing off over time. Incidentally how DO you drop a pistol with an anatomical grip? Clumsy sod! Anyway, to my point. I have sourced two options for repair. Option one is a complete replacement sight that's virtually identical to the original current cost as of December 2013 around £70 but you have to send in your gun. Option two involves a custom made rear sight main part (part no:70) to which all your original bits, screws, sight blades etc are attached. Current cost for this one around £90 and you need only send in your original broken sight and the top rail it attaches to.

So there you have it and rest assured it took me ages to research all of this! You all owe me several beers! Anyone needing contact details of above companies P.M. me and I'll send you the details, haven't put'em in the thread in case it's not permitted.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Nick at www.magic9designltd.com does repairs and replacement parts for B96 rear sights

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
    Nick at www.magic9designltd.com does repairs and replacement parts for B96 rear sights
    Plus one recommendation for Nick, He did a superb job repairing my B96 rear sight, a beter than original part.
    Peter

2 Questions?????

Is the s30 cylinder the same as the old soda stream bottle/ as I have an adaptor to bulk fill from these? and does anyone know where you buy a scope/red dot mount? Many thanks.
    I am tackdriver, member since 2000, not any other unimaginative individual.

No the S30 screws directly on to the Aeron bulk fill attachment a much better arrangement IMO than the soda stream cylinder adapter