Thread: webley Tomahawk

webley Tomahawk

Just got this rifle from Adrian78, first impressions are very favourable. It looks great with walnut ambidextrous stock, blueing is unblemished and the firing cycle feels like a tuned rifle. What struck me was the difference in the triguer, which is streets ahead of my Vulcans and Omega( the Omega is actually very good ) but this one is better.Its heald in a unit like the Record and dosent come apart when you begin to dismantle the gun.. Very pleassed. Didnt have time to put a scope on her but will and post results .

Due to weather(bloody rain) and the demands of xmass and an autistic teenager I havent managed to put a scope on her yet so hopeing to do so on His return to school, any one have any recomendations re pellets most of my older .22 Webleys seem to like accupels or superdomes

Hi fm
    I have a tommy in 177, and I use jsb 4.53 exact it is dead accurate with them.My gun does have a LW barrel fitted though.my favourite gun for off hand shooting.I also have a webley longbow in 22 that I use AA fields with.
    Regards
    Les..
    Last edited by les allam; 03-01-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Tomahawk

If they have the LW barrel fitted? then not that pellet fussy. I have one in .20 cal and love it. VERY under rated rifle. Enjoy. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi fm
    I have a tommy in 177, and I use jsb 4.53 exact it is dead accurate with them.My gun does have a LW barrel fitted though.my favourite gun for off hand shooting.I also have a webley longbow in 22 that I use AA fields with.
    Regards
    Les..
    thanks for the feed back les, I will try some AA feilds as well then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    If they have the LW barrel fitted? then not that pellet fussy. I have one in .20 cal and love it. VERY under rated rifle. Enjoy. Mach 1.5
    yes beleve its also has a lw barrel , never knew they did them in .20 though, that must be rare, thank you for feed back

Tommy

It was a one off but you could order .20 cal if you ordered a Webley Venom cobra from the then custom shop....They did do them in .25 cal also...try webley lazadome also. Mach 1.5

thanks for the info put a few pellets through her this morning Air Arms Feald and she was consistently hitting 12.4 ftlbs with 16 grain slugs. So shes in the care of Welsh Willi for some remidial action to bring her power down:eek Shows of consistent it was though, over 10 shots the average was 592 with less than 3 % variation, better than some pcp,s out there