Thread: im after some wood grips for my cp88 anyone ?

im after some wood grips for my cp88 anyone ?

hi , I cant seem to find any on the internet unless you chaps know something I don't lol . im wanting official walther wood grips that will clip on , any heads up would be great . cheers nick
    H.R.P.C.....and proud of it

Best of luck. Chambers list them, but I've never seen them shown as actually in stock.

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you googled 'CP88 wood grips'. When I was looking, I did so, and you'll find quite a few threads including a couple where IIRC people were making them, possibly to sell on.

I also think there may be a German company doing them. I'll see if I can find their details. I opted not to fit them in the end as mine's nickel and I think I prefer the black grips.
    AA S400 carbine in .177 Walnut stock, Rowan multi shot conversion, Rowan trigger, Huggett mod. MTC Mamba 3-12 x 44.
    Refurbished 1986 BSA Supersport .22 with MWSS custom silencer.

This actually wasn't what I was looking for, though by coincidence they are German.

http://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/...092c6c9048a564
    AA S400 carbine in .177 Walnut stock, Rowan multi shot conversion, Rowan trigger, Huggett mod. MTC Mamba 3-12 x 44.

Or make your own if you're handy. The wood you can buy in small pieces off The Bay. I think you can get the clips to fit them from Chambers.

Just checked. Showing as available for £5.60 each (the clips, not the wood grips sadly). You'd need the bolts too.

Thanks for ya help , just wondering if I could use the clips from my black plastic handles ? Can they be removed ? .

Blimey ! Lol bit pricey aren't they ? Think I might hang out for some
    Second hand ones although I fear I'll be waiting a while .

Quote Originally Posted by MR NICK .B View Post
    Thanks for ya help , just wondering if I could use the clips from my black plastic handles ? Can they be removed ? .
    Yep. Can't see any reason why not. I assume they're the same. To remove them you just undo the screws. The clips are just sandwiched between the grip and the square black bolt.

If you do, (and even I you don't), you'll find some much nicer allen headed stainless screws on The Bay. Couple of quid a set. Different ones for wood and plastic though, before you go ahead and order.

Quote Originally Posted by MR NICK .B View Post
    Blimey ! Lol bit pricey aren't they ? Think I might hang out for some
    Second hand ones although I fear I'll be waiting a while .
    Certainly are. If you do that search, there's a company in china that say they make them. Only plastic images on their site though. Might be worth a punt if they're cheap enough. Don't be put off by the China bit either. I've had a few bits off The Bay out of China. Never had an issue. Often loads cheaper from there than it is from UK, despite postage. In fact if you look at UK sellers of the same product, they're invariably doing their buying off the same Chinese suppliers. Then adding a nice fat mark-up for those who assume UK seller is in some way better than buying direct.

Hmmm food for thoughts .

Chambers DO have them in stock. Part number PG084

I may be able to help...

I have a pair "identical" to those shown in the Pyramidair photo.

You have a PM

Cheers
    Hombre
    I'm not stuck in the past, I just prefer it.

Sorry but no longer available at present time.
    May become available again at a later date.

Second PM sent.

Cheers
    Hombre
    I'm not stuck in the past, I just prefer it.