Thread: SAM K11 help required

SAM K11 help required

Hi all

I've got a SAM K11 target pistol which has served me well over the years (I've even hit the target once or twice) but has now let go of the cylinder "seals". I say seals as I assume this is what are fitted, but both cylinders are blowing air like an elephant on laxatives

Anyone a) know whats involved in changing these and where I can get the parts and/or b) know where I could get them repaired?

Much obliged and thanks in advance.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    I believe there is a seal and valve "assembly" under the threaded end of the cylinder. It might just need removing and cleaning/replacement "o" ring etc.
    One of my 2001 cylinders could not be dismantled and had to be replaced.
    It is worth ringing Bob at Checkmate Guns as he serviced my SAM for me last year and it has been fine since then.

http://www.checkmateguns.co.uk/

Hope this helps.
    ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    I believe there is a seal and valve "assembly" under the threaded end of the cylinder. It might just need removing and cleaning/replacement "o" ring etc.
    One of my 2001 cylinders could not be dismantled and had to be replaced.
    It is worth ringing Bob at Checkmate Guns as he serviced my SAM for me last year and it has been fine since then.

http://www.checkmateguns.co.uk/

Hope this helps.
    ATB
    Mike.
    Thats helpful Mike, thanks. Is it easy to get the valse assembly apart. I assume it needs a bit more finesse than a 4lb lump hammer and a cold chisel

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Is it easy to get the valve assembly apart. I assume it needs a bit more finesse than a 4lb lump hammer and a cold chisel

Bob
    Only if you don't need it in pristine condition,,,,,,,,,,,,,, apparently my duff cylinder was starting to twist rather than the end caps loosening

I let Bob service my SAM as he is only a few miles down the road from me; definitely worth a phone call as he is in contact with the importers for SAM and other pistols.

Cheers
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Only if you don't need it in pristine condition,,,,,,,,,,,,,, apparently my duff cylinder was starting to twist rather than the end caps loosening

I let Bob service my SAM as he is only a few miles down the road from me; definitely worth a phone call as he is in contact with the importers for SAM and other pistols.

Cheers
    Mike.
    Already emailed him Mike.

Bob

BARPC