Thread: Johnny Smith Retires from UKSARC

Johnny Smith Retires from UKSARC

Hi All

Johnny Smith has decided to retire from running the UKSARC series due to health issues, he has passed the baton over to myself. hopefully we can continue to grow the discipline to where it should be. details of next years series will be out soon
    best wishes to Johnny

Dave R

Tis a shame and I'm sure you'll all join me in Thanking Johnny for all of his effort thus far with the UKSARC series and w ishing Johnny all the best of luck in the future !
    My self and Treetops are firm believers in the UKSARC format of air rifle sport long may it continue and if I can help you've only got to shout David
    ATVB
    Phil

Well done Dave .

With a refinement of the rules lets hope it can grow back to the level of entries seen
    at the beginning of 2013 .

The sport had a lot of potential to grow .

Good luck & let's hope you get the support of the hunters ,
    plinkers & those who want low stress air gun fun competition .

Uksarc

With reference to the rules of sarc I personally would like to see the smallest kill zones dispensed with. I have shot a number of sarc courses and have seen the smaller kill zones obliterated by shot signature around the kill zone. Yes I could invest in better optics at a high cost! However, I would see this as being against the philosophy of an inclusive shooting sport. Sarc should not be seen to mimic FT. The position of the kill zones are enough of a challenge even without small kill zones. Numbers will suffer in my view if half decent shooters compete and post low scores!

Hodge

Hi Hodge

a number of people have raised concerns about the small Kill Zones and I am planning a change to them,
    I plan to have more info very soon

Dave