Thread: A special Original 75

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

A special Original 75

I posted on this some time ago and can't find the original to bump it so I'll try again with a refresher as I am serious about recovering this rifle.

My wife shot in the late 70's in the GB squad and internationaly with an Original 75, it was one of the first into the country when she got it as she had previously been using a 66. We sold it when she changed to a Walther and its the only one of her match air rifles rifles that we did not keep and we now wish for nostagia to find it.
    It was sold in Norfolk in the early eighties.

It had been shortened significantly, the trigger had been modded for a very short reach with a diferent alloy trigger bar, and the trigger guard had been skeletonised to clear the trigger. The cheek piece was built up with polystyrene and covered with grey sueude. The stock was the early type and when sold was covered with GB team stickers and equipment control stickers.
    The action had been replaced as it had suffered faults so may not be the version matched to the stock.

If it still exists and has not been restored to original it is quite distinctive and I could recognise it. I could build a replica but prefer to find the original rifle.
    I can email a picture if any one thinks they've seen it.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 27-11-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?