Thread: colt 1911 not fireing

colt 1911 not fireing

evening all, picked up a used 1911 a1 .177 but im having problems shooting it, iv put a fresh co2 in and im currently using wad cutters but it looks like the pellet is not leaving the mag, instead its hitting the barrel, its like the mag is not lined up properly with the barrel, any tips would be greatly appreciated,
    all the best. chris.

First up, try a different mag if you have one. Did you try before you bought? Maybe the seller could advise?

Could be a misaligned barrel or a pawl problem, but check the mag first up.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Check the indexing pawl (part no SR212 here) for wear - it should be straight edged at the top - and also check the corresponding teeth on the mag to see if they are worn. Also make sure the pellets are fully seated in the mag, not poking out the front or back.

If in doubt take some nice macro photos and post them on here and I'll let you know.
    Good deals with these members

hiya fellas and thank you for the quick response sadly i didn't try before i bought it as it didn't come with any co2, but the guy did state that it was sometimes temperamental, unfortunately the gun only came with one mag and looking closely it does appear to be slightly worn, so trying a new mag will definitely be my first step. the mag indexer appears to be ok, or at least i cant see anything obviously wrong with it, iv took a couple if pics il post in a moment so you see for yourselves, its good to know there are people on here that know there stuff as i don't have a clue regarding pistols so thanks again. Chris.

or maybe when i find out how to post attachments and photos il put them on

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    You can only attach pics in the sales forum unfortunately. You need to upload the pics to a site like flickr, photobucket or instagram (I use photobucket) and then post a link to it on here.
    Or if you like you can email me the pics and I'll post them up
    Good deals with these members

I have noticed that my umarex 1911 prefers certain types of pellets otherwise I get stoppages. I'm sure it may be simply this.

hi dose it happen on single action only if it dose i had the same problem with 3 of mine it you oil the trigger and hammer and the indexing pawl and work it in it should get better.atb mark