Thread: Rapid 7 cocking dog fouling problem

Rapid 7 cocking dog fouling problem

Had the bolt out of the rifle to change a probe but now when I replace the cocking dog and try and turn it to fit the bolt handle it it fouling the the hammer that sits in the botton of the action, anyone any ideas please? One thing after another with this at the moment! The Dog is also a little chewed although it is not that making it snag, are spares available?
    Last edited by Spanner.; 02-12-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner. View Post
    Had the bolt out of the rifle to change a probe but now when I replace the cocking dog and try and turn it to fit the bolt handle it it fouling the cyclinder containing the hammer spring etc that sits in the botton of the action, anyone any ideas please? One thing after another with this at the moment! The Dog is also a little chewed although it is not that making it snag, are spares available?
    If it worked before .it should again..maybe it isn't all the way down.
    Also if it isn't too bad you can stone it ..or just turn it around for a new working face.
    There was one on sales not so long ago with the bolt...otherwise ..maybe one of the guys on the Rapid forums may help...there were some Titanium ones about not so long ago.
    ...also the early dogs have offset holes ..so only work one way ...i think...some time since i had one....the newer hexagon type fit..but you have to use the early fixing bolt...different thread to the Mk2.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    If it worked before .it should again..maybe it isn't all the way down.
    Also if it isn't too bad you can stone it ..or just turn it around for a new working face.
    There was one on sales not so long ago with the bolt...otherwise ..maybe one of the guys on the Rapid forums may help...there were some Titanium ones about not so long ago.
    ...also the early dogs have offset holes ..so only work one way ...i think.
    Thanks it is a lete MK 1. Yes its all the way down and I have dressed it with a small file just to reove any burrs. It looks like the hammer should be further forward for it to be able to clear it but it is as far forward as it will go

Send kevg a pm he's the man when it comes to rapids he also does better quality cocking dogs.

Take it out turn it around and try again

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Thread would have been better had you omitted "7 cocking" from the title..
    I'll get my coat