Thread: British Airgun 2014

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    The NSRA have now distributed the entry forms and the rule book for the 2014 championships in Feb.
    For a given value of distributed. They're not on the NSRA website anywhere that I can find them, nor have I received them from the NSRA Mailing List. Unless my address has dropped off the mailing list for some reason, they only seem to have sent them out to a select handful of people

Quote Originally Posted by Fierynick View Post
    Hello All,
    I agree entirely with all of the above! It is very upsetting that the NSRA don't respect the value of Junior shooters to the future of our sport enough to give them their own division.
    Its also very upsetting that the 5 shot disciplines have been removed from BOAG, the idea is to then focus the British Pistol Champs in Sept towards the 5 shot and 25m disciplines.

Regards
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment that their should be a junior event, I would caution against accusing them having "a lack of respect for juniors" and point out that the event is run in large part by volunteers. I strongly doubt the decision was made lightly and if the volunteers have decided they cannot realistically run 8 finals/day then that's their call.

If you don't like it, then I suggest you volunteer and help take some of the burden off their shoulders!
    Incidentally, they're desperate for dogsbodies. They seem to get lots of offers to RO, but there's lots of backroom stuff that they're chronically short of helpers with.

The PACC are not like the ISSF Technical Comittee sitting in their ivory tower saying "I know, lets make everyone buy new jackets. That won't piss anyone off."
    As with most shooting in the UK they're a bunch of mostly volunteers working out how much they can realistically manage with the meagre resource and handful of volunteers they have available. With the changes to the finals they can't get 11 finals/day in, and they're making some tough decisions.

That's why I'll be putting my time where my mouth is and joining the media team in February taking metric f**ktons of photos and hopefully a bit of video and trying to publicise the event a bit better via Facebook and other means - generally make a lot more of the media side, as that's one place no one has had time to develop in the past (as they've all been too busy running the event to worry about marketing the event, or publicise results, or tell people who won ).

I'm led to believe that the 5-target pistol had really low turnout last year (though I wasn't there in person), and in fact ran at a loss, which is why they've prioritised using the space to run some really good finals with commentary and stuff.
    Last edited by Hemmers; 05-12-2013 at 10:45 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation