Thread: TFW v Swiss Airarms 1911

TFW v Swiss Airarms 1911

Finally decided that I need a 1911 in my collection, would have gone for the TFW however its now replaced by the Swiss Air arms version, anyone know if these are the same just re branded ? Also can anyone suggest a better blowback 1911 ? Thanks

hi yes the swiss arms is a tfw but i think the big swiss arms badge on the slide makes it look a bit toy like in looks .i have 9 1911's the umarex race gun is good and the colt 2009 rail concept and the taurus pt1911 the black water 1911 r2 looks very nice but is the same inside as the swiss arms but with better looks .
    atb mark

I did think that about the swiss arms one, may have to look at a KWC model or even the STi duty one

I bought the KWC 1911 just after they had re-badged it as the 'Swiss Arms'. I guess the TFW 1911 logo was taken away due to the end of licence agreements from Tanfoglio. The 'Swiss Arms' logo is pointless, its not the model of the gun; it would have looked better with nothing printed on it! That aside it is a good gun; the logo is immaterial after a short time. It fits into the Fobus paddle holster perfectly - see my review of that.