Thread: Disabled shooter looking for short competition jacket

Disabled shooter looking for short competition jacket

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on a suitable jacket which could be worn by a wheelchair user and is acceptable for competition shooting?

I have tried several shooting jackets at my club and looked on the Web but I have been unable to find any which look or feel suitable.

It was suggested I buy and cut a jacket to fit but I feel this modification should be carried out by a professional especially as the jackets I have looked at are so expensive.

I have been using my horsehide motorcycle jacket so far but do not know if it would be acceptable at a shooting competiton!

Please is there anyone out there who can give some much needed advice as I do not want to spend good money on a garment which is of no use to me?

Look forward to hearing from you
    Kind regards
    Lee Fairless.

What about wading jackets fishermen use just a thought,good luck.

this Web Site might be useful to you : http://www.tenpointnine.com/biography/

HTH,

Vic Thompson.

Lee,

There's good news and bad news. The good news is that shooting jackets for wheelchair users exist, the bad news is that there are no "off the peg" solutions. You have two options, either get one made-to-measure (expensive) or have an existing jacket altered. The rules regarding wheelchair jackets are on page 26 of the IPC Shooting Rules and should you decide to go down the alteration route these are the criteria your jacket should meet.

Vic's advice to get in touch with Pippa Taylor at Tenpointnine.com is spot on as she can fully advise you about both options.

Rutty

Quote Originally Posted by Speedystcks View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone advise me on a suitable jacket which could be worn by a wheelchair user and is acceptable for competition shooting?

I have tried several shooting jackets at my club and looked on the Web but I have been unable to find any which look or feel suitable.

It was suggested I buy and cut a jacket to fit but I feel this modification should be carried out by a professional especially as the jackets I have looked at are so expensive.

I have been using my horsehide motorcycle jacket so far but do not know if it would be acceptable at a shooting competiton!

Please is there anyone out there who can give some much needed advice as I do not want to spend good money on a garment which is of no use to me?

Look forward to hearing from you
    Kind regards
    Lee Fairless.

Hi Lee there is a lady in wolverhampton that makes jackets she will measure you up and make it for you price is good too at £120 i had to have a jacket made for my wife because she is between a size 6 and 8 the quality is very good too

if you want i will get her number for you

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Jacket

The lady In Wolverhampton is Pippa at tenpointnine, you already have her details.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?