Thread: Visuall Treat

Visuall Treat

The Hammerli Junior CO2 .177 Match Rifle. ( 1962 - 1969 )

Junior is a bit of a misnomer in the context of size, as these are a full size rifle, but without the bulk and weight of the normal 10m match rifles. The weight of the two shown are 2.78 kg for the open sighted version serial nr 996 and 3.2 kg for the match sighted version serial nr:4853

I have as; perhaps have other marque collectors with their own collections always assumed that the Hammeli Juniors were all the same, which on a casual observation they are! But looking closely there is a number of small but interesting differences.

The stock on the later serial number rifle is wider on the fore end and shaped differently at the tip.
    The front sight is dovetailed on, rather that the push fit of the earlier model.
    The barrel is also crowned and counter sunk like the pistols, rather than the simple crown on the earlier rifle.
    The receiver is taped with 3 holes rather than the 1 on the lower serial number.

The standard butt plate has been replaced with an adjustable butt at some point, making it easier for the owner to set up for himself.

Fortunately neither of these have had a hard life or been neglected and the bluing is as clean and bright as when it left the factory 40 odd years ago.

For those not familiar with the operation of these the front 'trigger' is used to pop up the loading port and cock the action. Load pellet and push down the loading port and your ready to shoot. The trigger is adjustable.

Hi many thanks for the photos,very nice and intresting rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    Hi many thanks for the photos,very nice and intresting rifles.
    I will echo that, I have a Hammerli Master co2 pistol and thats simply amazingly accurate, allso have a model 2 sidelever which allthough not powerful is a joy to use as its seriously accurate.

Hamerelli's

So where was the factory? I used to think they were italian by the name but recently someone said they were a swiss company.

visual treat

Just noticed the manufacturing dates, they were very modern in the design & stock shape. A handsome rifle.

Lovely guns and as I've said before, I really admire your photography skills, Mark.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Thanks Paul

The Hammerli firm had a factory in Lenzburg Switzerland and another in West Germany.

They are superbly built.even on the bits covered by the stock,everything is machined and fixed with screws, not a weld in sight.

The factory at Lenzburg was destroyed in a fire circa 1978 , the production line for the co2 guns was there and production sadly never was restarted.

visual treat

Thanks for that info gents & the photos really are well taken!