Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bsa

Use the credit note to get the shop to order from another shop. Tell them where the rifle is you want.. and let them get it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmister View Post
    Hello tony thanks for the first suggestion!! I don't think the 2nd is a go er as the credit is for this specific gunshop!

Adam

that's a bugger, i was going to order 2x ultras after christmas ... .177 ss tac for hft & .25 ebony for rat busting

Have you had any joy getting fixed up, Adam?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Angry

Hello matey!

Went to the gunshop had a look they had a BSA ultra se in tactical and the mmc in beech! Just compare both stocks.

I walked out with the beech mmc ultra!

Not because it was cheaper just because for what I'm going to use it for it was ok!

I like tactical style rifles which is why I ordered the ultra tactical but after holding both the wood stock feels lighter and better quality??? I know it's not as rugged buts it's only a backup rifle. And I may just paint the stock black anyways

I did mention to him about the credit note and him going off to get another rifle for me which he said he would have done! (Which is nice to hear these days) but in the end I settled for the one I ordered

Now best pellets to use hmmmmmmmm haha

Atb Adam
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

Nice one, glad you got fixed up, matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Running in

Hi OP

Once you've had a chance to get out with it, it'd be good to know how you find it? Been looking at these too. They look a good little thing, be interesting to see if they perform as well as they look?

Simon.

Rubbish quality Tac stocks!

I'm not surprised they have discontinued the Tac stocks as the painted finish just flakes off and myself plus many other owners have had to return them for this reason. Not a hard wearing finish as you'd expect but a very low quality effort. Both my ultra and lightning went back for this. I even suggested a beach stock as a replacement but got sent another identical Tac stock which I can guarantee will go the same way soon after I start using it again. Most (but not me) of the guys on the bsaog have been allowed to keep their faulty stocks giving them the opportunity to custom finish it.
    BSA R10 .22
    BSA Ultra SS bolt action Tactical .22

Quote Originally Posted by woodmister View Post
    I have a credit note with the gunshop so I have to spend it with them!!

I have just spoken to them and they have said that they will honour the price of a beech stock ultra for the same price as the tactical which is fair enough I thought!

Maybe ill just take the beech stock and if I don't like it just see if there is an ultra tactical stock for sale!!

Atb Adam
    Just coat the wood with black truck bed liner paint (found in some pick up trucks)