Thread: Best blow-back?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Best blow-back?

I had a play with a Glock 17 9mm at the weekend. Huge amounts of fun and its made me wonder which of the current crop of pistols is the most realistic to fire. I know nothing will be quite the same, but its got me wondering.

I also used an AK47 and Uzi on full auto, but that's much more restricted when it comes to replicas!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

The Cybergun\Swiss arms Uzi is pretty good fun. Obviously no full auto for the UK version but the blowback gives a satisfactory kick even when shouldered. It fires from an open bolt and field strips in pretty much the same way.

When it comes to pistols I like the Witness but they are all good fun to shoot.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

+1 for the Tanfoglio Witness, excellent fun!
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

+1 for the witness as well. It actually field strips just like a real 1911 as well.
    The air soft Luger is pretty good as well even if it is painted bright green
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

hi the colt 2009 rail concept has a good kick as dose the gsg 92 and sig p226 x-five the umarex p38 and umarex race gun atb mark

I've got a Swiss Arms P92 with full blowback and it's incredibly realistic, highly recommended. It uses the same action as the Tangoglio / Swiss Arms Witness but I preferred the look, fit and the lighter trigger pull. It also strips just like the real firearm which is really useful to clean and oil the slide and working mechanisms.

It feels just like the real thing and the smell of gun oil on metal really completes the image. However quality control on the Swiss Arms pistols is patchy and I seriously recommend a full step down after a couple of hundred rounds. I nipped up the safety lever grub screw and had to refix the barrel retaining pins. A good clean and lube and it now feels so much smoother. It can also be made fully auto very easily. A good laugh but it's totally inaccurate ini full-auto and it uses CO2 like you wouldn't believe. I've had about 2000 rounds through mine and love it, worth drilling a hole in the magazine to make speed loading BB's easier.

For hyper realism the Baikal Makarov seems the best bet. It utilizes many of the parts found in the 9mm and is a full blued steel construction with a rifled barrel unlike the Swiss Arms which use a painted alloy. The Makarovs are made at the same production facility as the 9mm and have a real heritage unlike the branded versions of pistols produced in the far east. The new version also fires lead BB's easily so less ricochet!

They have a large following and even have a UK centric dedicated forum which is worth signing up to. Needless to say I've just ordered my Makarov!