Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pardini P10 Problem

Pardini P10 Problem

I lent my "new to me" Pardini P10 to a fellow club member last night and he was shooting very well with it until he reported that all of his shots had suddenly started going low on the target.

I went over and checked his target and all of the shots were well below the black - even though they had been correctly placed on his previous cards shot with the same pistol, so I took a shot to see if I could see what was going on and scored a perfect 10 and then two nines with all three shots being very tightly grouped.

John G then took two shots ( again on the same card) and both of his were nines. On handing the pistol back to the club member he shot low again, lost his confidence and gave me the pistol back so I put up a fresh card and started to shoot it.

Some shots were good but then the pistol locked-up and would not shoot. Once the pellet was cleared I tried again and sometimes the pistol would shoot and sometimes it would not.

Guessing at it I think it may be a sticky valve that may have contributed to those low shots and is why it will shoot sometimes but not others - but does anybody have any experience with Pardini SSP pistols and has had any similar problems?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I tested the Pardini at home again tonight and now it seems to have lost most of its power and still locks-up now and again and refuses to shoot when it feels like it.

probley a seal

Quote Originally Posted by ratshot5 View Post
    probley a seal
    If its that little blue one, great, we can all sing that song!

"You picked a fine time to leave me blue seal ..."

Always keen to help.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Always keen to help.
    Barracking from the cheap seats again! ......just wait till your new Kite loses wind and falls from the sky
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Barracking from the cheap seats again! ......just wait till your new Kite loses wind and falls from the sky
    Typical innit! I spend nearly £500 on a Kite and we get gales.

Typical innit! I spend nearly £500 on a Kite and we get gales.
    I didn't think you spent that much especially coming up to Christmas........
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Ah Ha - although this thread has not had too many options offered about resolving the problem with my Pardini (apart from one from ratshot5) - it is interesting to know that following the go with my Kite last week IJ has gone and copied Hippo and bought himself one....or maybe he just copied me ?

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ........I bet Paul will be well impressed - I know I am

I bet IJ bought the little short version

It's known as the Kite "Young" - now that is ambitious - he should have tried one 40 years ago

A trip to Mr Cleveley is indicated I think Bob or at least a phone call or email.

There, is that helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I bet IJ bought the little short version
    Nope - its the 17" full length version with which I shot my p.b tonight.

Nope - its the 17" full length version with which I shot my p.b tonight.
    Congratulations on your PB achieved with a 17" Benneli Kite !

They are very nice pistols, well balanced and with a really nice grip and a superb trigger.

My eldest son had a go with my Kite Young and it impressed him enough to buy a new full size Kite from Checkmate guns a couple of years ago and he also gets on well with it.

........and they are not too common either.....well I suppose they are getting a little more common now
    Last edited by zooma; 05-12-2013 at 11:08 PM.

A trip to Mr Cleveley is indicated I think Bob or at least a phone call or email.

There, is that helpful?

Nah - I have already got a Kite - and very nice it is too!

Here is my son's Kite with my Kite Young:-

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...lery&Itemid=45
    Last edited by zooma; 05-12-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Nah - I have already got a Kite - and very nice it is too!
    I think you may have misunderstood me Bob .
    If you look at Checkmate Guns website, Bob Clevely features Pardini, sells them and fettles them; a view my cousin will endorse, being the proud owner of a Pardini K12.....another well balanced pistol with an excellent trigger.

As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to be helpful..honest

I think you may have misunderstood me Bob .
    If you look at Checkmate Guns website, Bob Clevely features Pardini, sells them and fettles them; a view my cousin will endorse, being the proud owner of a Pardini K12.....another well balanced pistol with an excellent trigger.

As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to be helpful..honest
    Sorry Mike - I did not recognise the seamless shift back to the original topic !

That is a good thought and I know Bob sells the new Pardini PCP and rim fire pistols but I did not think about asking him about the older SSP type.

Thanks for you help!