Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pardini P10 Problem

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Good to see the penny finally dropped... I was obviously too subtle for my own good
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I bet Paul will be well impressed - I know I am
    Paul is very impressed as its his old pistol and with the scores I was shooting tonight (283 ex 300) he may well regret it in competition. Well, thats my plan.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Paul is very impressed as its his old pistol and with the scores I was shooting tonight (283 ex 300) he may well regret it in competition. Well, thats my plan.
    You should have bought his Webley
    Last edited by zooma; 06-12-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

You should have bought his Webley
    No need - I. J.'s got a Moggy Minor to use as a door stop
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

My Moggy http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=36 is nearly 60 years old so please have some respect for your elders.

I do towards you and Bob.
    Last edited by I. J.; 06-12-2013 at 11:31 AM.

My Moggy http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=36 is nearly 60 years old so please have some respect for your elders.

I do towards you and Bob.
    You can't even begin to understand just how much we appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    No need - I. J.'s got a Moggy Minor to use as a door stop
    I understand that although this Moggie Minor has had a new body and a different engine ( along with quite a few other replacement parts) - it is still totally original

..a bit like his never ending jokes I suppose

Its just like Denzils brush in Only Fools & Horses.

You can't even begin to understand just how much we appreciate that!
    Absolutely - you're all heart Ian......

P10 now finally working again.

There has been a long break in this thread (well over a year?) as my P10 has been away for most of this time for repair , and when it was finally returned (with new seals) it did not have the power to spit the pellet out of the barrel when I took it to the club later the same day to test it.

I was hugely disappointed and last week took it again to RMTC to see if anyone had any ideas about why it would still not work after being "repaired" as I realy like the pistol and wanted to get it working again.

Thanks to interest and help from J G and another set of new seals (taken from an Aldi box set of O rings and a modified tap washer) it now shoots superbly well at a steady 400fps. New spec for these is 420 fps so I am very pleased with the repair ( and the choice of materials used).

The pistol may even bed-in and improve some more yet - but I am more than happy with it as it is and so pleased to get it working again after such a long time.

Now I remember why I like these Pardini P10 so much - these are superb air pistols, very accurate and a pleasure to shoot - even when compared to my other favourite SSP air pistols including my FAS604 mk 2 and even my much loved FWB 103........and it turns out that they can be re-sealed with basic O rings and washers that can be found at very low prices in your local super-market

A great ending to a sorry story that has inspired me to refurbish the grip with new ball stippling and a nice oiled finish. It now looks as good as it shoots - very very nice !
    Last edited by zooma; 28-02-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks to interest and help from J G and another set of new seals (taken from an Aldi box set of O rings and a modified tap washer) it now shoots superbly well at a steady 400fps. New spec for these is 420 fps so I am very pleased with the repair ( and the choice of materials used).
    John G(eeGee) is great making seals. Ive heard on the grapevine he can make Gammo Compact breech seals out of a milk bottle top and a bit of knicker elastic!

Im pleased to hear that youve got your much loved Pardini P10 back and its working fine but 'better than a FWB103' You will be praising Wobblys next.

ATB

Ian

John G(eeGee) is great making seals. Ive heard on the grapevine he can make Gammo Compact breech seals out of a milk bottle top and a bit of knicker elastic!

Im pleased to hear that youve got your much loved Pardini P10 back and its working fine but 'better than a FWB103' You will be praising Wobblys next.

ATB

Ian
    John needs to find something to get his new Compact working and his innovation has no limits.

I think he enjoys getting non-runners working so he will enjoy forcing the GAMO into action again

The P10 is a superb SSP and I am really pleased to have it working again. I may let you have a go with it so you can see for yourself just how good they are.

I am also pleased that you continue to keep promoting the magnificent Webley spring air pistols - without your constant support they could fade from public attention. Keep up the good work

I managed to pick up another P10 last week and it is running at 390 fps so Johns Aldi "O" ring and tap washer repair on my original P10 looks very respectable.

This new acquisition has a later serial number and so it is a slightly younger pistol.

This P10 is very much like my other one but has some minor but interesting detail differences that show some changes that were made during the production life of the model.

John is making a new tap washer breach seal for me as the original one fell out at the club when we were going to shoot it When it comes back I will re-finish the grip as this really does freshen it up and will make it look almost like new again - well worth the effort.

Doe anyone know when these P10 pistols were made and for how long they were in production? My Blue Book of Airguns suggest they were discontinued in 1990 but has no information about when they were first made.

1983 - 1989.

Some helpful information from our friends in the collectors section have advised me that the Pardini P10 match pistols were made between 1983 and 1989 when they were replaced by the K18 SSP match pistol.