Thread: Feinwerkbau 300s cylinder markings.

Feinwerkbau 300s cylinder markings.

Hi everyone, i have recently bought an example of the above. On this particular rifle the markings on the cylinder [ fwb logo, made in germany and the serial number etc ] are etched on in white, rather than being stamped into the metal, i have seen lots of 300s rifles but have never before come across this before. Just wondering if this is quite rare or fairly normal...Thanks...Lewis...

I'm sure I've seen something similar recently, probably on eGun, but I assumed that the owner had probably filled the stamped letters himself with white wax pencil or something. Are you able to show us a photo? When was it made? (You can check the serial number here)

Congratulations, by the way, on joining the "300 club"

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    I'm sure I've seen something similar recently, probably on eGun, but I assumed that the owner had probably filled the stamped letters himself with white wax pencil or something. Are you able to show us a photo? When was it made? (You can check the serial number here)

Congratulations, by the way, on joining the "300 club"

Matt
    Hi there and thanks for the reply, after a bit of carefull needlework, it is indeed the work of someone filling in the stampings with white wax or something similar. Thanks for the link, it shows mine was made mid 1975... Thanks... Lewis...