Thread: 1815 "Baker Pattern" EIC Flintlock Musket and Bayonet for sale

1815 "Baker Pattern" EIC Flintlock Musket and Bayonet for sale

Good evening all!,

Not entierly sure where to put this so will try here...

I've decided to sell my year 1815 "Baker Pattern" EIC Flintlock Musket complete with it's "Jon Gill" stamped "rib separator".

This is a beautiful flintlock in superb condition and certainly a very impressive piece when the bayonet is mounted.

I have shot this down at Bisley twice now, but primary purpose for me was as an excellent example of its type in my collection.

I freely admit to not knowing a great deal about them, but understand this was a "transition pattern" as times moved from the day of the Bess into the future that was percussion rifles/muskets and beyond.

Many of the barrel proof marks, etc are very well struck, the EIC emblem on the lock is less clear.

Pictures are here -

http://s333.photobucket.com/user/swi...aker%20pattern

Quite rare as many of these met their fate being totally shot out in very long service. Looking at the bore, this example has hardly been used, so great example for collection (my primary reason for purchasing it when I saw it!).

Can be transferred back to Section 58 (2) if you wish to own it as part of a collection, or transferred to your Shotgun Certificate.

Looking for £1100 OVNO

Currently located in Bracknell, Berkshire, but willing to drop off anywhere along the M40/M1/M6/M42/A69 as I regularly frequent these roads.

Also willing to courier at buyers expense.

Appreciate its Christmas and funds are tight, but I'm sure this would look marvellous gift wrapped under the tree this season

Only selling as I am raising the last of the funds for an Enfield 4T purchase!

PM me for more details/pictures/discussion

Cheers!

Now sold

Cheers!