Thread: Rossendale Club Visit - Collectable Evenings on Thursdays.

Rossendale Club Visit - Collectable Evenings on Thursdays.

We had a very enjoyable evening at RMTC last night when Tim travelled across from Huddersfield to visit us and to show us some of his very impressive collection of collectable air pistols and rifles.

Due to the bad weather and the closure of the M66 our numbers were decimated which is a shame as those that could not make it missed-out on a very interesting evening and the opportunity to see some fabulous examples of rare and interesting air pistols and rifles.

As Tim travels a lot of miles with his work he was wise enough to avoid the traffic problems and was actually the first person to arrive and was on the doorstep waiting for me as I unlocked the church hall - good effort - well done!

Fortunately for us Tim seemed to quite enjoy our company and he said may well come and see us again - and we certainly look forward to seeing him again so that is something we will look forward to in the future.

Thursday nights at the RMTC is often the night when those of us that like the older and more interesting air pistols and rifles tend to stay upstairs in the main hall where we set-out the bell targets at 6 yards and just enjoy plenty of chat and the chance to exercise some of our older toys against the redbob bell targets - either with or without 6 yard targets fixed to them.

The serious 10 meter pistol shooting still continues uninterrupted on the range downstairs so everybody stays happy.

Anybody that would like to join our club for the "Thursday Experience" would be welcome to come along and show-off their treasures and get the chance to talk to like minded enthusiasts - and maybe even put a few pellets through those nice preserved example in the warmth and comfort of our church hall.

I think Tim shot some of his collectable's for the very first time in the cub last night and that must have been a nice experience that the club ambiance and safe controlled conditions can only encourage !

If we should be lucky enough to have a busy bell bell target evening one Thursday night ( that would be nice!) we still have plenty of space in the adjoined rooms to sit comfortably and lay-out as many collectables as you can carry in perfect safety. We have a superb large fully fitted kitchen so tea and coffee can be made as often as required - we just need a few more members - so come along and join us either as a shooting or non-shooting member - it is a nice place to be with fellow airgun enthusiasts.
    Last edited by zooma; 06-12-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi it sounds like its a good venue. its a pity l live so far away, l hope you have many happy nights regards,
    Mick.

Thanks Mick,

It would be good to see you if you are ever around this way in the future - we do need a few more members so maybe those that are not serious shooting competitors will see that we have something that would interest them as well as the target shooting and we would welcome those that collect and enjoy the company of other air weapons enthusiasts.

It was great to meet you all at the club and to be made so welcome. It was good to be with like minded people who appreciate my collection I was wondering if it was just me that was possessed by the collecting bug. I enjoyed being able to actually shoot a few of my pistols for the first time also. I'd certainly like to come over again and will try in the new year. I'll dig out some other bits and bobs. Its a great club with enthusiastic members. Regards Tim

Thanks Tim. You are welcome to come over and share a Thursday evening with us as often as you like and we hope you become a regular visitor.