Thread: Stoeger x20 suppressor accuracy problems

Stoeger x20 suppressor accuracy problems

Hi wondering if anybody can help me out I bought a stoeger x20:/ and carnt get a tight group it seems to shoot 3 shots in a good group then a few stray shots then okay again?? I've put about 500 pellets through it and there's still no change!! any help would be much appreciated

What is your groupings like?
    My Stoeger is extremely hold sensitive!
    about 1cm groupings on 20m is about the best it can do.
    And to achieve that i really have to focus on how i hold the thing.
    Also it is very picky on ammunition!
    I have a feeling mine shoots hot, mine actually shot better when it had dried out
    and was eating away on the seal then it did after I lubed it by the book.

Be very aware of how you hold it.
    Try some different pellets.
    Wash and lube half of the pellets you try to see if it makes any difference.
    Give the barrel a proper clean.
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615

What pellets are you using? Sounds like your pellets are 'flying' a bit. If you can try a selection of pelletsCheck that you have no pellet skirt protruding from the breech when you load a new pellet - if so you may need to re-crown your breech. How are you finding the 2nd stage of the trigger? The xs19 I have, had a long 2nd stage trigger pull and that could affect accuracy - remedied with a WW trigger upgrade.

're crown the breech & fit a better (welsh willy) trigger. Made A WORLD if difference to mine
    HW80 x2, Stoeger, Ripley x2, HW77 x2, Steyr x2, HW100, Walther lgv + Dommie, Diana mod 50 & 470th gone but not forgotten webley typhoon, original 5g, original 45, sterling hr81, fwb sport 124, Daystate qc mk2, Regal, AA 410 x2, bsa ultra, AA s400 x3

Ps mine likes jsb jumbos.
    HW80 x2, Stoeger, Ripley x2, HW77 x2, Steyr x2, HW100, Walther lgv + Dommie, Diana mod 50 & 470th gone but not forgotten webley typhoon, original 5g, original 45, sterling hr81, fwb sport 124, Daystate qc mk2, Regal, AA 410 x2, bsa ultra, AA s400 x3

Poor

As a gunsmith for many years ..
    They have terrible quality barrels, mine is like a shotgun, awfull, if you push pellet through, mine has very tight spot in the middle of the bore and it seems to have a lip on the crown too. Unable to re-crown as silencer cannot be removed !
    Also the bore is very slack,so most pellets when checked have no rifling groovs showing on the head
    Buy a BSA instead !?

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothbore View Post
    As a gunsmith for many years ..
    They have terrible quality barrels, mine is like a shotgun, awfull, if you push pellet through, mine has very tight spot in the middle of the bore and it seems to have a lip on the crown too. Unable to re-crown as silencer cannot be removed !
    Also the bore is very slack,so most pellets when checked have no rifling groovs showing on the head
    Buy a BSA instead !?
    No buy an HW95 and pray you get a good one or a Hatsan 55 or 60 S

Well I must say this thread response has made me feel a bit better. I bought one for my wife, the trigger was unusable so I had ww do his thing, the gun was still awful, neither of us could group with it no matter what pellet we used. In the end I sold it for peanuts.

Hi Nick,

I have just (Today) sold my Stoeger x20s, i say sold i traded it in as it was in the car on a gun i had to have!

I had no need to sell it and it was a reluctant sale but had to be done.

My Stoeger was always a good gun and much better than i ever expected it to be.

Groups were good, it was pretty quiet and felt as good as any higher priced tactical stocked offering.

The only dislike i had of the gun was in the early days of owning it and that was the nasty trigger. 1st stage was okay
    2nd stage was very soggy and long this made it more difficult to shoot.

So if you squeeze the trigger to take up the short 1st stage and the second stage before pellet release feels like it takes forever that in my guess will be a big part of your issue.

The problem is that the trigger has a pin on the top edge that releases the sears on that pin is a spring. due to the pin being recessed into the trigger as it is there is a lot of creep before the trigger opens the sears.

Do you need to spend 39 quid on a charlie da tuna trigger from welsh willy well no not at all and frankly if there is some other issue and the trigger doesn't help you're out 40 quid.

what i did is take off the stock.
    pull out the pin and the trigger blade drops out
    the trigger blade has one visible pin with a spring around it
    i the machined a round bush that fits snugly over the pin, sits neatly inside the trigger and brings the trigger to a radius

Another method is to take out that pin and throw the spring in your parts box refit the pin with a R/C car bearing the bearing required is 5x8x2.5mm or 5x9x3mm on some rifles
    this is the same mod as can be done to Crossman and Remington air rifles i believe

Once i'd done this mod, the trigger was much improved and much more predictable