Thread: Weihrauch HW 45 Pistol - Accessories available?

Weihrauch HW 45 Pistol - Accessories available?

Hi,

I recently purchased a Weihrauch HW 45 Pistol. It's my first air pistol and so far has been a Terrific .22 caliber shooter. However, I'd like to get some accessories for it so if you own the HW 45 what do you have in the way of: (1) replacement grips; (2) holster; and (3) scope and mounts - what scope do you have on your HW45 and which rings?

Photos would be terrific to see, and if you have added the above accessories to your HW45, please explain in some detail what you have.

Thanks so much in advance.

FredSG

the hw iron sights are some of the best in the world, if you have to have an optic i would recommend a red dot rather than a scope as the recoil on the 45 can be a bit vicious, with a scope any thing over 2.5 mag and the shaking is too much and the extra weight makes a big difference (even though you held the scope on its own and it weighs next to nothing) on a reasonably heavy pistol at arms length it feels like you've added a 5kg weight especially during a prolonged shoot, i know you used to be able to get a shoulder stock for the hw45

personally i think .22 pistols are not the best idea (unless for point blank range "humane dispatch") before anyone starts yelling, i am of the .177 is best camp, but in a pistol (sub 6 foot pounds) .22 just has not got the speed to keep a reasonable trajectory, with my 45 (.177 running at about 4.5 - 5 foot pounds) i can get decent groups at 20m (with a bit of practice) but others with a .22 45 have problems, at 10 m the groupings become lot better and they say a light weight pellet gives best results
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I don't really accessorise my HW45s anymore, turns out I like them as is, but some tips if you do go down that road:
    1) If it's the classic grip style (not the one with the pseudo palm shelf) then there are oodles and oodles of colt 1911 grips on the bay that will fit. The wraparound grips look quite good on a '45.
    2)There are holsters available for the HW45 (versandhaus schneider sell some) but to be honest I wouldn't bother...also may not be doable if you have an optic attached...
    3)The rails on these are non-standard, so either get the right sized mounts or self centering ones. Red dots are ok on pistols but magnifying scopes can be a bit marmite. If you do want a good pistol scope then the BSA 2-7x32 is among the best for the money. If you can find one.
    Good deals with these members

When HW designed the 45 casing for Beeman (or rather I should say 75 as it was designed as a SSP first) they machined the dovetail rail for American Imperial mounts at 1/2 inch (12.7mm or just shy of 13mm) European stuff is all 11mm. The problem is that you open the 11mm mount up to the greatest extreme but it wont pass over the rail.
    Solution. The Aimpoint range have an integral rail mount which opens up to 14mm. The Aimpoint is very big in diameter which some do not think is in keeping with pistol sizes but I do. The 45 has a quite bulky/blocky appearance which I think looks even bigger with slim red dots or scopes but the fat Aimpoint balances the look out nicely and has the advantage of being able to be positioned anywhere along the rail to suit your preference. This is because the rail is very short compared to the spacing required for separate ring fittings.
    I prefer it centrally mounted purely for looks but it makes no difference to eye relief because there isn't any such issue with the red dot.
    The Aimpoint also has a small MOA dot and I like the big diameter field of view.
    This Aimpoint also works great on the HW40. allowing central placing. Possibly the best Red dot therefore.....bit pricey though
    Last edited by clarky; 15-12-2013 at 01:53 PM.

American legend 1911 pachmyr wrap around grips...and a .177 barrel...dead easy to swap...
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Although not biggest Hw45 fan, nor of red dots or scopes on pistols (destroys the balance & the asthethic IMO) I have owned a couple and the official HW shoulder stock : to which my comment is - don't bother, they are quite rare and so quite expensive as well, they are a nice piece of walnut but way,way too long unless you have the reach of gibbon! - they are also quite useless with the stock sights without the (even rarer) official foresight extension.
    There is a useful section on mounting optics however here: http://my.tbaytel.net/coopers/HW45Re...OUNTING_OPTICS