Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rapid 7 review

The ones I have shoot have allways impressed me with accuracey if not appearence but dose t need to be a looker to do the job, dont like the triguers as find them poor and not up to the hype and price when new.allso the mags I find delicate and rather aqward( I do have limited use of one hand following accident) and yet do like the idea and the gun in use. Nice review thanks.

nice review,ive had my mk1 rapid years even though I have other guns I still always like to use this one in 22

There are a number of after market magazines available for the Rapid that are much easier to use than the original Theoben mags.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by nevadacowboy View Post
    There are a number of after market magazines available for the Rapid that are much easier to use than the original Theoben mags.
    Yes.
    I have one from the guy at Brough, and it's excellent.
    Smooth working and 16 shots to boot in .22 plus a lot cheaper.
    Can't fault the rapid, it like the seriese Land Rover, a classic.👍
    snarepeg.

20 years later I still have mine, guess you could say it's growing on me .22 at 30ft/lbs packs an accurate punch
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

its a gun I cant bring my self to sell

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    Have to agree.

I started with an MFR and to be honest we didnt gel and i ended up selling it.
    In hindsight i think i may not have given it enough time to work out the optimum pellet, maybe a custom stock to help with head position etc, but i sold it on.

A number of years later i came back to rapids and bought a TTR1. It was completely unmolested and a cracking tool.

Having owned it for 5+ years ive now made it my own with a custom barrel, a rather special Nutshot silencer and a Steven B laminate stock.
    The internals have been worked on by myself with some reputable tuners parts (Kev G, Phil D, Nutshot)
    It is an absolute dream to shoot and the barrel will rival anything you want to put it against. I had a brand new Steyr LG110 Black Edition and the TTR wipes the floor with it.

Their simplicity is the key. They do spring a leak every now and again, but you don't have to have a degree in nuclear physics to fix it yourself.

They are holding their value nowadays too, so picking up a well looked after example isnt going to lose you money in the long run.

Regards,
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF