Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 6 yard MPL Postal Competition.

2014 Spring/Summer 6 yard MPL Postal Competition.

Merry Christmas everybody and Good Shooting for 2014.

Round 1 of the 6 yard MPL series needs to be shot in January if we are to keep this excellent 6 yard postal event alive, but we are running out of time so we really need to get the 2014 entries in and to start work making a large stack of targets stamped-up and ready to go.

The 10 metre MPL series is now a well established and respected competition with the rules well and truly sorted and working efficiently and its 6 yard postal series younger brother is also starting to share this success as it enters its second series.

Since last year the postal charges have increased but the cost to enter the competition is still the same and we have reduced the cost of spare targets as we now send them out x100 at a time to anybody that would like to buy some from us.

The entry fee for the 6 yard MPL series is £10 - plus postage (£3.70 First Class "Signed For") if you would like the entry pack sent to you.

Spare targets will be less than last year at £10 for 100 plus delivery* if you would like them sending to you.

Anybody that would like to send their entry fees to us by PayPal can use this address:-

For those that prefer to pay by bank transfer sort code 40-38-03. acct no:- 51178296 acct name:- Rossendale Model car Club.

The new email address to send your scores to after you have shot each complete round of 6 cards is now 6ydmpl@gmail.com

Please send me a PM if you would like any more information about the competition including *delivery of spare targets as we now also have a carrier option for larger packages that can work out cheaper than using the GPO - especially if a more than one competitor can share the same delivery address as we can send any number of entry packs and spare targets to any UK address for a tenner.

Overseas entries are welcomed - PM zooma for more details.
    Last edited by zooma; 10-02-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

2014 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition - Entry List

We will post the list of competitors here as the entries start to come in, so please check this thread now and again to make sure we have received your entry.

.177 Competition.

1. Bob Stiles.(zooma).Rossendale.
    2. Frank Pizzy.(BaggieBoy)..Brixham
    3. Richard Carter.(rikcar)....Walton Le Dale.
    4. Jim Caffery....Northwich
    5. Roy T.(Retracted_Yeti)....Liverpool.
    6. George M. (third wheel)..Dover.
    7. Sarah M. (starboard)......Dover.
    8. Duncan. (frog)......Ringwood.
    9. Richard S. (rikros)..Rawtenstall.
    10. Robin. (Hares Ear).Colne.
    11. Bob. (red bob)......Rustington.
    12. David Emmett.......High Peak.
    13. John Brooks..Aylesbury.
    14. John Gould...Manchester.
    15. Christopher Hodgson......Sleaford.
    16. Mick L. (micken)....Leeds.
    17. Nigel T.(bsa-nige)..Birmingham.
    18. Duncan G.(frog).....Ringwood.
    19. Graeme F (Appinpar68)..Dunfermline.
    20. Phil McB (Rickenbacker)..Monmouth.
    21. Glyn. (bluesman)...Cheddar.
    22. Raymond B...Bury.
    23. Glyn Davies..Bristol.
    24. Graham B.(tank)...Shadsworth.
    25. Les L. (learningcurve).....Holywell.
    26. Paul Nolan.....Bury.
    27. Scott.(frazier)........Nottingham.
    28. John L.(perlin).......Cleveland.

.22 Competition

1. Glyn. (bluesman).Cheddar.
    2. Bob S. (zooma)...Rossendale.
    3. George M.(third wheel)........Dover.
    4. Roy T. (Retracted_Yeti)........Liverpool.
    5. Bob. (red bob)....Rustingham.
    6. Phil McB (Rickenbacker).......Monmouth.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-02-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We will post the list of competitors here as the entries start to come in, so please check this thread now and again to make sure we have received your entry.
    Hi All

Put my name forward for the 6yd comp Richard Carter

2014 mpl

I would like to put my name down again,
    Thanks Jim

Thanks guys - I will find-out the cost of posting the target packs and let you know so we can get started as soon as possible.

I have really enjoyed the 6 yard "shooting from home" competition and this takes the already successful MPL series format further to those that are not able to join-in the original 10 meter competition.

There will be no panic to shoot the first round by the end of January but there will be 6 rounds between now and the end of June so we keep the 6 monthly series alive and open to everyone that wants to take part in it.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    I will have another go!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    I will have another go!

Cheers.

Roy.
    Thanks Roy,

I should be able to get the entry details for 2014 up on this thread soon after Christmas.

ATB - Bob.

badger5148

I would like to have a go is a co2 walther cp 88 acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by badger5148 View Post
    I would like to have a go is a co2 walther cp 88 acceptable.
    The Muscle Power League was originated to encourage the use of inexpensive and classic air pistols that require some effort (muscle power) to load them as opposed to the more modern pre-charged types that do not require any physical effort to produce the energy.

The MPL competition is for spring powered and single stroke pneumatic air pistols only as both require more effort to fire them than a CO2 or PCP air pistol and from that point of view they are a little more demanding to shoot.

There are plenty of competitions for air pistols and most are dominated by PCP or CO2 powered pistols, so the MPL is the only competition that is "different" in that it only caters for the spring powered and SSP types of air pistols that would not normally be used in the "open" competitions.

The MPL has been successful in getting some of the older Classic are pistols back into regular use in a competition where they can and do still turn in some of the best scores and for me as the originator of the MPL this is one of the MPL series greater achievements .

The other great achievement is that it has encouraged a lot of people to "have a go" at a competition that is both inexpensive and enjoyable to take part in and the 6 yard postal variant of it further extends its appeal to those that are not members of shooting clubs or for those that just prefer to shoot at home or in their garage, shed, garden, cellar - anywhere that is safe and accessible either on their own or with friends or family.
    Last edited by zooma; 29-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Zooma
    It was good fun doing the last comp. shooting from home and I've now gone from one pistol to five and have joined a shooting club and have the bug big time because of the MPL. Put me down for the next one plus one - my wife wants to have a go too!

George

Hi George,

I am pleased you have enjoyed the MPL so much and apologise for causing the addiction that has forced you to buy more air pistols !

It will be great to have you with us again in our second 6 yard postal MPL competition and I look forward to having your wife join in the fun as well!

As soon as the New Year celebrations are over I will get the price of sending out the entry packs as the new postal rates will have made a small difference ( but not much) and get on with the job of stamping and counting all of the targets and making them into competition entry packs. I also need to buy some new envelopes to send them in and also check the postal cost of sending spare targets out in packs of 100 for those that would like to have some for practice but do not want to buy larger quantities direct from the NSRA.

Thanks for your support - Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 29-12-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Hi,

I would like to join in this time please. Let me know what I need to do.

Cheers

Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Hi,

I would like to join in this time please. Let me know what I need to do.

Cheers

Frog
    Hi Frog,

It would be great to have you join us.

Please let me have a couple of days to get the postage charges sorted out after the New Year and I will put all the information on here and send you a PM.

Best regards - Bob.

2014 6 yard MPL Postal Competition - Entry fee and spare targets.

The price to enter the 2014 6 yard MPL postal series will remain unchanged from last year at £10 to include your 36 stamped competition cards plus postage if you would like them sending to you. (Current GPO price is £3.70 First Class "Signed For").

Anybody can "bulk-buy" their own spare targets direct from the NSRA, but for anyone that prefers to buy smaller quantities we would be pleased to supply them at £10.00 per 100 plus postage.

For those that want a fast delivery of their entry pack and a large number of spare targets a carrier will be less expensive than the GPO. We can offer a "next day" carrier for a tenner and there are no limits to the number of targets we can send for this delivery price.

If any group of shooters can share a delivery address we can combine any number of entries and spare targets in the one £10.00 carrier delivery to reduce postal charges.

We have a new dedicated email address to send your self-scored results to ( six cards per round) . 6ydmpl@gmail.com

Please let us know what air pistol you use each round as this can be very interesting for us and others to see what .177 springer or SSP pistols are the most popular. If you can also let us know what pellets you used that may help others see what works the best in their MPL pistols
    Last edited by zooma; 30-12-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickcar View Post
    Hi All

Put my name forward for the 6yd comp Richard Carter
    Hi Richard - I have tried to send you a PM but your box is full so please send your entry via the PayPal address shown and I will get your competition target pack out to you ASAP.

Bob.