Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2014 6 yard MPL Postal Competition.

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi bob and george,nice to see so many new entrance in this fun competition,but i notice no ones willing to take me on in the "hurricane class" better keep it that way as i doubt i could stand the competition[lol]. you know im a martyr to my nerves.

That sounds like a challenge .and I am late shooting my cards this month ..and I do have access to an old Hurricane with a .177 and .22 barrel.....

I am at the club tonight but maybe the predicted wet weekend could see me tinkering with the Hurricane in my garage to see what I can do with it.

I will try the same Crossman pellets that you are using as they seem to be "Webley friendly" and see how I get on with it

target@rossmod.co.uk
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

oh no what have i done! its only fair to let you know the hurricane is the Harley davidson of the springer pistol genre and are very demanding in every way ,bit like playing golf using the wrong end of the club ,so i quite understand if this puts anyone off.
    regds the other bob.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

To cut a long story short - when I get my Tempest back to shooting straight - you can look out, Red Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    To cut a long story short - when I get my Tempest back to shooting straight - you can look out, Red Bob!
    The Tempest is only a sawn-off Hurricane at the end of the day ( bit like a racing Harley eh Bob?) so that sounds like a fair rival to me and if my Hurricane cannot be "fettled" tonight I may end up using the sawn-off version too

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The Tempest is only a sawn-off Hurricane at the end of the day ( bit like a racing Harley eh Bob?) so that sounds like a fair rival to me and if my Hurricane cannot be "fettled" tonight I may end up using the sawn-off version too
    Given the Hurricane's longer sight base, and proper adustable rearsight - If I was within say, 5 points ex 300 with my Tempest (.22) - I'd class that as a small internal victory against a Hurricane (.22) to be honest!

That said, going by Red Bob's March & April scores (.22 cal), I think he'd need to be put under extreme psychological pressure for that to happen

ATB - Phil

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

well on reflection, i think that that its much more fun if we all stick to our original choices and we will say no more about it. please
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    well on reflection, i think that that its much more fun if we all stick to our original choices and we will say no more about it. please
    I agree..and used my grey plastic Original Model 5 again with .22 Hobby pellets for my April 6 yard MPL cards.

Back to where I started - good fun and still very challenging !

We still have newcomers wanting to join the current 6 yard MPL series even at this late stage of the series - and if anyone who would like to join us now is happy to catch-up the missed months ( 6 cards per month) then they would be very welcome to do so

When you have shot your cards please score them and email your results to George at 6ydmpl@gmail.com

Please also add the type of pistol and the type of pellets you used as this is interesting for others to see what types are the most popular.........and for others to try and find something nobody else is using

How to enter:-

Our basic entry pack costs £10 and the post office charges us £3.70 to send it. Pay Pal will take £0.67 of this if it is not sent as a gift so please add this charge to any future payments if you choose to pay this way.

The basic entry pack with 100 spare targets is £26.50 including the carriers "next working day" delivery. The PayPal charge for this is £1.10.

Please send your entry fee to the following address is you are paying by PayPal:-

6ydmpl@gmail.com

Cheques should be made payable to "Rossendale Model Car Club"

6ydmpl@gmail.com
    Last edited by zooma; 26-05-2014 at 10:11 PM.