Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what silencer for fenman

what silencer for fenman

I have a theoben fenman with the long series silencer and want same thing better to keep its bark down

was thinking slip on hw but not shure if would be able to with stand the abuse of being used as a cocking aid

apart from the evo silencer what else would worth trying

swedey21 is offline Who you callin a vegetable ?
    Burford,with lovely cotswold stone and stuff..
    I had a logun on mine,a while back.
    Was fine RE cocking.
    Looked very similar to the Evo fitted..obviously quieter..

secretagentmole Guest
    A pint and a meal works great on me, I come from Ely!

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    and you chose to move to Lynn?

Quote Originally Posted by wild dogman View Post
    I have a theoben fenman with the long series silencer and want same thing better to keep its bark down

was thinking slip on hw but not shure if would be able to with stand the abuse of being used as a cocking aid

apart from the evo silencer what else would worth trying
    If its too loud with a theoben long series silencer then its probably the action that is being noisy not the muzzle.., try serving it.., clean all the ram and bits inside, re assemble it all with a bit of Molly on the outside of the ram & a smear of light engine oil on the ram internals, then pump her back up to about 10.9 11 ftlbs with your fav pellets.., should smooth out & quieten up a treat :-)
    Pm me if you need any more details

Atb
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Frame View Post
    and you chose to move to Lynn?
    Just down stream and closer to the sea!

Actually dad moved when I was about 2!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    If its too loud with a theoben long series silencer then its probably the action that is being noisy not the muzzle.., try serving it.., clean all the ram and bits inside, re assemble it all with a bit of Molly on the outside of the ram & a smear of light engine oil on the ram internals, then pump her back up to about 10.9 11 ftlbs with your fav pellets.., should smooth out & quieten up a treat :-)
    Pm me if you need any more details

Atb
    Rhys
    Thanks Rhys but its not the action being nosiy its been serviced its only set at 11 fpe
    Its muzzle blast if I point the muzzle down to the ground point blank on a stack of carpets its very quite

Lightbulb

Thanks Rhys but its not the action being nosiy its been serviced its only set at 11 fpe
    Its muzzle blast if I point the muzzle down to the ground point blank on a stack of carpets its very quite
    Mmmm, ok maybe stuff carpet inside your silencer then??? sorry..,

On a serious note I'm quite suprised its too noisy... What calibre is your rifle? Reason i ask is I've always wondered if these silencers come in different calibres and if they don't will a .177 be more noisy ? Or have you got a .22 silencer on n a .177?
    This may all sound a bit techy but I have experimented with an EVO silencer with and without vortex tip & a long series silencer with and without a vortex tip and I couldn't tell any difference from one to the next., I ended up with some of the internals from the long one in the EVO silencer body because it was a bit different & seemed to balance the gun better!.
    When chatting to somone about the long series silencer (the chap I bought it from) he said it was really almost as good as the long series with UK Paul internals that he had. And that was on a 30ftlbs TTR! (he was chopping 4 inches off the barrel & having an mfr style shroud silencer fitted so he could shoot from a landy) So I'm wondering why its not working for you and if a different silencer is going to do anything different??
    Just a few thoughts from my findings with rammers & silencers I hope it may be of use.
    If you do try anything else as I would be interested to find out what happens
    Atb
    Rhys
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 17-12-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by swedey21 View Post
    I had a logun on mine,a while back.
    Was fine RE cocking.
    Looked very similar to the Evo fitted..obviously quieter..
    Thanks bud think ill give one a try

Mmmm, ok maybe stuff carpet inside your silencer then??? sorry..,

On a serious note I'm quite suprised its too noisy... What calibre is your rifle? Reason i ask is I've always wondered if these silencers come in different calibres and if they don't will a .177 be more noisy ? Or have you got a .22 silencer on n a .177?
    This may all sound a bit techy but I have experimented with an EVO silencer with and without vortex tip & a long series silencer with and without a vortex tip and I couldn't tell any difference from one to the next., I ended up with some of the internals from the long one in the EVO silencer body because it was a bit different & seemed to balance the gun better!.
    When chatting to somone about the long series silencer (the chap I bought it from) he said it was really almost as good as the long series with UK Paul internals that he had. And that was on a 30ftlbs TTR! (he was chopping 4 inches off the barrel & having an mfr style shroud silencer fitted so he could shoot from a landy) So I'm wondering why its not working for you and if a different silencer is going to do anything different??
    Just a few thoughts from my findings with rammers & silencers I hope it may be of use.
    If you do try anything else as I would be interested to find out what happens
    Atb
    Rhys
    when I say long series silencer I mean the old fin type fitted to the very early fenman's we may not be talking about the same one

was thinking slip on hw
    The barrels are different diameters: I had to open up a Vortex mod to 16mm to fit it to my HW80 - I'd guess the HW slip-on would be too slack?

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk1302 View Post
    The barrels are different diameters: I had to open up a Vortex mod to 16mm to fit it to my HW80 - I'd guess the HW slip-on would be too slack?

Dunk
    Ignore me - apparently HW do a 15mm as well as a 16mm push-on

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

when I say long series silencer I mean the old fin type fitted to the very early fenman's we may not be talking about the same one
    ahhhhhhh.., ok., yours being skinny & long as apposed to a longer version of the newer evo silencer??
    well why not try a long series then?? or even an evo vortex??

I may have a spare if you are interested?

ahhhhhhh.., ok., yours being skinny & long as apposed to a longer version of the newer evo silencer??
    well why not try a long series then?? or even an evo vortex??

I may have a spare if you are interested?

yes that's right

Thanks for the offer bud
    but think ill give the logun a try

hello mate - dont know if you remember but i put a logun on mine , it was much better than the evo i took off.

pig to get off though