Thread: New type 26mm HW piston seals.... Anyone have a spare?

New type 26mm HW piston seals.... Anyone have a spare?

Bought a new 95 today and striped it down only to find the seals got a huge chunk out of it

Judging by the burrs on the cocking slot and trigger pin holes, in fact on EVERYTHING, I can see why it has a buggered seal.

Anyone happen to have a spare? I'm going to order one but guessing it'll be ages before it turns up with Xmas in two days.

Also, anyone know where to get the new type?

Cheers
    Bruce

Bruce, if you order one you have to ask the RFD to call HC and specifically ask for the new type, HC may not have stock left now so be prepared for a wait. As mentioned I should have some on the way...delivery is new year though i believe.

Failing that, the Vortek Vac26 comes a close second to the stock new type HW seal.

HW 26mm piston seal

Sorry bruce I havn't a spare but I do sypathise I had a 5 yr battle with a .25 bsa 635 magnum that was down to fine burrs on the cocking slot. Cut 2 fine slits that were invisible with the naked eye, looks like HW quality isn't going up.

Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Bought a new 95 today and striped it down only to find the seals got a huge chunk out of it

Judging by the burrs on the cocking slot and trigger pin holes, in fact on EVERYTHING, I can see why it has a buggered seal.

Anyone happen to have a spare? I'm going to order one but guessing it'll be ages before it turns up with Xmas in two days.

Also, anyone know where to get the new type?

Cheers
    Bruce
    Sorry to hear about this, Brucie!

I'm sure all those nasty little sharp edges will have disappeared soon, if not attended to already?

Hope you get a new seal quickly, matey. If you don't, the V-Mach Hybrid C-Form is bloody excellent, too!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks guys. Have ordered one but no idea if its a new type one. Will call around after Xmas or get my RFD to order one.

I've had enough of super tight vmach ones at the moment Tony. And the new HW one does seem pretty damn good.

And yep, no sharp bits anymore

And yep, no sharp bits anymore
    Good man.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Finishing in cylinders

What do you recon it takes on average time for an experienced worker to de-burr the inside of a springer? Half hr max I'd guess. Would we be happy paying say an extra tenner to have them like this from new? I know I would. But I'm the type of bloke who's like that preist on father ted that pulls things apart complaining of shoddy workmanship...LOL

Yes, I'd happily pay for the things that manufacturers should be doing as standard, including: sensible de-durring, intelligent application of good quality grease, correct finishing of springs, etc.

However, I actually like attending to these matters myself, but shouldn't really *have* to...

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    What do you recon it takes on average time for an experienced worker to de-burr the inside of a springer? Half hr max I'd guess. Would we be happy paying say an extra tenner to have them like this from new? I know I would. But I'm the type of bloke who's like that preist on father ted that pulls things apart complaining of shoddy workmanship...LOL
    /// *Now*: HW95KS (.177) /// HW45 (.177) - FOR SALE /// \\\ *Then*: Pro Sport (.177) \\\ HW97K (.22) \\\ HW100KT (.177) \\\ SMK XS20 (.22) \\\

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Lol, you and me both mate!

Quote Originally Posted by spring3r View Post
    Yes, I'd happily pay for the things that manufacturers should be doing as standard, including: sensible de-durring, intelligent application of good quality grease, correct finishing of springs, etc.

However, I actually like attending to these matters myself, but shouldn't really *have* to...
    Me too mate. I like to do it any way but, bad practise if the finish is damaging internals from the get go

A big thanks you!

A very big thank you to Bob (Don Curlyone)!

Got a pm this morning saying he had one he wasn't using, sent me a photo and it looks like the new type. Should be going to pick it up shortly

Top man! Many thanks mate. Very much appreciated. There really are some top guys on here.

Bruce .My new 95 was the same but managed to save the seal, Also make sure you debur and radius the cocking shoe as this alone caused me a lot of pain with it scoring the slot.

A very big thank you to Bob (Don Curlyone)!

Got a pm this morning saying he had one he wasn't using, sent me a photo and it looks like the new type. Should be going to pick it up shortly

Top man! Many thanks mate. Very much appreciated. There really are some top guys on here.
    I'm gonna start calling you Robinsons your so jammy Bruce! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mattb View Post
    I'm gonna start calling you Robinsons your so jammy Bruce! Lol
    I know mate, can't believe it! Just picked it up and it's the new type happy days!!

Quote Originally Posted by iceni1 View Post
    Bruce .My new 95 was the same but managed to save the seal, Also make sure you debur and radius the cocking shoe as this alone caused me a lot of pain with it scoring the slot.
    Thanks mate, not done the shoe yet on this one. Will do when I get it apart again to put this new seal on. Many thanks.