Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my short review of my impact airgun gsx200 .177

Fab' results, more than good enough for everyone I know...

What's the gun feel like to load, fire, handle...?

I presume rock-solid and like well machined clock-work.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

These do look very nice but I have always been a fan of Rapids anyway.

I do fancy the bottle version best as I prefer the looks and handling. But who the heck gave it that stupid name? Its enough to put me off buying one and getting an older Mk2 instead. Being a biker myself it is just annoying to call it an actual Suzuki model. Please change the name. Maybe series 3 or something similar like a Latin or Greek name.

Pretty sure that it will be the business though, especially knowing who has put these together, and with the mods it should have had in the first place.
    BASC

Impact

I like it and as for the fps chrono figures its as good as a 2k plus super gun ie steyrs, ev2s, walthers etc. Always been a rapid fan an that wont change. Good to see them back again in a new tweaked version. Am I right in saying that some one, from the original theoben factory has been the person to do all the improvements. Price is a little high think would have been better to keep under the £1000 area to make it more appealing Will have to wait till they are second hand and much lower in price before I have one. But i think it looks the nuts.

This was rifle no; 13 ...id like to know who owns this now if any one knows?
    Last edited by john79; 27-07-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

I own an Impact which I have modified to the extent of selling/exchanging the shrouded barrel, the air tube and regulator/gauge unit. These were replaced with a KevG regulator with 'MFR' nozzling, a standard Rapid barrel and Huggett moderator. I also fittied a pressure gauge in the underside of the block replacing the blanking plug. The only difference between it and the standard Mk 2 late model Rapid (with scalloped loading port)is the anti tamper which locks the hammer spring preload adjuster in place by means of a broken off bolt. This means that when I change calibre-something I do fairly often-I have to perform the necessary adjustment via the regulator.
    If you were to blindfold me and offer me an Impact or a standard Rapid I don't think I could tell the difference. They handle identically.
    The only real difference to me is the RAW action where the bolt is replaced by a side lever cocking action which is a real improvement although the RAW block looks huge.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    Quote Originally Posted by john79 View Post
    This was rifle no; 13 ...id like to know who owns this now if any one knows?
    Had this one a couple of times.ime sure it as been passed around abit.will do some digging for you John.
    kevG