Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CP88, makarov or what?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

CP88, makarov or what?

I want a well made, dinky pistol with some power and potential for informal targets and plinking at medium ranges.

It will live in my coat pocket while I'm out shooting or walking the dog (only on my permissions obviously).
    Ive had both the above and the CP was ok as I recall, but the makarov felt very well put together. The new Gen 5's slimmer looks and milled slide appeal greatly. Has anyone dremelled the valve out and fitted a stronger hammer spring? Did it make any difference?

Any suggestions other than these?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

G-10 :d

Seriously though, the EB-22 has like, 5 FPE http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...min-eb22.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Seriously though, the EB-22 has like, 5 FPE http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...min-eb22.shtml

Yeah, had one, noisy little bugger it was!

Also, can't find one secondhand or for sale on the continent. I have to buy new from abroad as they're the only shops that can post to you........

Umarex revolver (which you've had), or the RWS C225 (Sig replica), which always seems more powerful than the other semi-auto reps', even the 4" barrel version is good. But the sights are fixed (IIRC), and theres not many about.

Or this month's fashion accessory - a Tempest!

What about the CP99, they can be had second hand at a good price....i know I just bought one via this forum. SA & DA, cock the rear slide for SA, DA is very smooth (better than my CP88). Short rifled barrel, but surprisingly accurate and not too loud. Lighter than the CP88 so easy on the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    What about the CP99, they can be had second hand at a good price....i know I just bought one via this forum. SA & DA, cock the rear slide for SA, DA is very smooth (better than my CP88). Short rifled barrel, but surprisingly accurate and not too loud. Lighter than the CP88 so easy on the pocket.

Trouble is, I already bear a striking resemblance to Daniel Craig. I think the Bond gun would be a step too far!

Which cp99 is it? There seem to be a few.

I was referring to the Umerex Walther CP99 0.177 pellet gun (non blowback), which gets about 120 shots per CO2. I bought one for £85 including a new Flambeau case, eight capsules and 1/2 tin Geco pellets (which fit great), plus original Walther case, instructions and spare backstrap...which means the gun cost me about £65

The other one (which seems grossly overpriced) is the Umerex CP99 'Compact' 0.177 BB gun (blowback).

Theres also the CP99 Sport, which is cheaper and double action only IIRC.

(and he does look just like Daniel Craig).
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 28-12-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: bond

By "well made" I really meant made of metal. The CP99 certainly looks plasticky even if it isn't. Is it?

As far as self contained guns go, the Gamo AF-10 looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Theres also the CP99 Sport, which is cheaper and double action only IIRC.

(and he does look just like Daniel Craig).
    Oh yes, forgot that one. That has a similar lower frame to the CP99, but no moving rear slide, and no de-cocking device (the CP99 has both the latter). He should be alright on his own land; the adoring fans will be at a safe distance!
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 28-12-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    By "well made" I really meant made of metal. The CP99 certainly looks plasticky even if it isn't. Is it?

The top section of the CP99 is metal - the front slide/magazine cover, and the rear slide (which cocks the hammer for SA). The lower frame is plastic (I guess the real P99 has a 'polymer' frame). Problem with a CO2 gun out and about is that it will encourage use of lots of pellets to use up the CO2, whereas a small springer can be used as and when desired.

AF-10 SSP pistol? Like a Compact without the anatomical grip? Lots of plastic, 2 FPE, and a shit trigger I expect.

I want a well made, dinky pistol with some power and potential for informal targets and plinking at medium ranges.

It will live in my coat pocket while I'm out shooting or walking the dog (only on my permissions obviously).
    Ive had both the above and the CP was ok as I recall, but the makarov felt very well put together. The new Gen 5's slimmer looks and milled slide appeal greatly. Has anyone dremelled the valve out and fitted a stronger hammer spring? Did it make any difference?

Any suggestions other than these?
    Re. The Makarov gen.5 .....a very well made compact pistol. Ok for plinking up to 10 yards or so but not as accurate as a pellet firing pistol. You cannot dremel out the valve but you can fit an enlarged gas chamber from Skober on e-gun.de, which significantly increases power. Lots of info over on the Makarov Pistol Association.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Re. The Makarov gen.5 .....a very well made compact pistol. Ok for plinking up to 10 yards or so but not as accurate as a pellet firing pistol. You cannot dremel out the valve but you can fit an enlarged gas chamber from Skober on e-gun.de, which significantly increases power. Lots of info over on the Makarov Pistol Association.
    Pete.
    I expect there is, but its one of those tedious forums where you have to be a member to join and becoming a member requires someone actually doing something. I registered a couple of years ago and never heard back but I've registered again to see if its improved.