Thread: Talk me in to it.

Talk me in to it.

Just had a play around with a borrowed break barrel springer at the local club and had a cracking afternoon.

So hears the rub, as yet I still do not have a rifle, locally I know of and have shot a hw77 and a AA s400 carbine both 177.

hw77 being a older rifle with some bumps and lumps but not bad, cocking and loading pretty easy, shot well with good grouping around 20mm at 20 meters, a bit noisy and a bit heavy. Cheap to repair and run

S400 2 years old nice adjustable stock has been used for hft so some marks on the woodwork but again not bad condition,again loading fairly easy once you get used to the small breach, grouping again very good slightly better than the hw very quiet, but if there was a but I would say that there was not much feedback from the rifle a little numb.

So talk me into or out of one of them.

Regards mal

Get both

I wish

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Get both
    As the saying goes, I wish!

Both are fine rifles but very different.
    Do you want to shoot a springer or a pcp?
    Bob

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by Splund View Post
    Both are fine rifles but very different.
    Do you want to shoot a springer or a pcp?
    Bob
    Not sure, always worked on the principle of think twice cut once when buying equipment. But I am torn between the 2 quality of both is good.

Think I need to get my head around my competitiveness and and stop comparing the 2 like for like and start looking at them as 2 separate classes

Mal

well if you do go for the s400 you need to think about the costs of a bottle or a pump to fill the rifle and also where you would get the bottle filled if you go for a bottle where the hw77 all you need to think about is the pellets to take with you when you do shoot
    do not steal the government hate's competition!!!

Very True!

Springer, great fun can shoot in Boinger class but won't compete with the pcp's unless you are very good!

Pcp, you are the weakest link!

(Happy new year colin! XX )
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

ELMOR FUDD is offline Don't put your fingers where you wouldn't put your Cock
    Iv found in situations like this that you just have to listen to that little voice in your head and buy both
    Goose shootings not just for life ......its for christmas dinner
    Bolt handles,silencer adapters,safety catches,filler caps,Brass Trigger guards for most guns and more

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Very True!

Springer, great fun can shoot in Boinger class but won't compete with the pcp's unless you are very good!

Pcp, you are the weakest link!

(Happy new year colin! XX )
    thanks mike happy new year to you also
    do not steal the government hate's competition!!!

Quote Originally Posted by malj View Post
    Just had a play around with a borrowed break barrel springer at the local club and had a cracking afternoon.

So hears the rub, as yet I still do not have a rifle, locally I know of and have shot a hw77 and a AA s400 carbine both 177.

hw77 being a older rifle with some bumps and lumps but not bad, cocking and loading pretty easy, shot well with good grouping around 20mm at 20 meters, a bit noisy and a bit heavy. Cheap to repair and run

S400 2 years old nice adjustable stock has been used for hft so some marks on the woodwork but again not bad condition,again loading fairly easy once you get used to the small breach, grouping again very good slightly better than the hw very quiet, but if there was a but I would say that there was not much feedback from the rifle a little numb.

So talk me into or out of one of them.

Regards mal
    From the above (highlighted text) I'd say you're talking yourself into a break barrel springer!

hunter88 is offline Hunter Field 'Tree' Shooter
    Agree with the above you have already chosen the HW
    http://www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk/ SiHFT Winners 2008 2009 2010