Well i did say in my very first post.."" First the Chinese as usual make things cheep and cheerful. So they have copied and cut a few corners..""
and i was not kidding but the basis and thank god the barrel are fine and suitable to do a few mods on...so who has never customised a rifle?
How did the other rifle you bought fair for accuracy? and weight.? I would never claim it's the best rifle , or that it's the cheapest, but for the money it's a bargain if it's treated the right way... My old innova has been fed with over7000 rounds paid for by me and god only knows what it did in it's previouse life as i got it second hand in a poor state. But after a rebuild I was impressed, and after 7000 rounds it got another rebuild using some parts i duplicated to uprate the rebel.. and yes that poor excuse of a silencer mount is probably the biggest crisis I have seen on a rifle.. The innova didn't have one so I had to make a complete front end from brass, looks oldie western now with the dark wood stock and brass fittings. The rebel got a custom made mount that's 8 cms long in all. So it starts from behind the front sight, way behind, and that gives it a very well aligned axis. and wobble free. rather than a scrap piece of incorrect thread in a plastic short mount, that it's self could move about...
The new ridgid silencer mount meant that i could build a silencer with an internal bore of just 6mm and when i get a 0.22 version it will use the same parts and the pellet will never touch the side and deflect. I broke the origional thread as it was so thin and poor quality aly.. mine is replaced with high quality tube. machined assembled and re-machined around the thread axis for perfect alignement. I chose to make the silencers and mounts in the same M12 thread that the Chinese had used in error so that my silencers woul fit any rebel modified or not..and they will fit a UNF 1/2 inch either as a very tight fit or just run a tap through to relieve the with a thou or two... both have the same pitch... I can hit the same spot with or without the silencer, it has no effect on deflection. I might do some fps tests and see if there is any difference, that would be interesting...
did your new rifle have a silencer mount, and was it solid and well centered..? I have no info on that rifle.. infact i have only ever owned about 7 rifles and have 4 at the moment. So you get what you pay for..but im very happy with the final result...
Perhaps I will make a brass trigger and guard for the innova to carry on that western look....it is kinda cute...also has brass replacements for the roll pins and pump arm pin. in bigger diameters for less wear.
Colin