Hi every one. I was given a 22lr calibure Anschutz rifle with a missing extractor. I tried to find a part from the manufacturer but their drawings didn't go back that far.. So i made one and it works fine.. So why the thread ? well im looking for more info.

The rifle has a 6 figure serial no but no date code. It was made at the ULM factory so I know it's post war. Also having the strap mount on the underside of the barrel forward of the stock tells me it's much earlier than the ones shown dating back to the late fifties. Sadly has no scope rail and im reluctant to drill anyholes to mount one in case it's got some value. As an iron sight rifle it's very accurate (I have replaced the damaged front sight with a new brass ball type) I can hit a leaf at 75 yards so it's not half bad at all.. I know the old factory was bombed and they rebuilt a new factory at Ulm after 1946 so hopefully the rifle was made using new machines and that accounts for the high build quality.
Perhaps someone can tell me more.. the extractor and front sight have been made to high standard and function as they should. the sling is mounted using the same vee grouve as the front sight. I do not have the origional strap either but its an excellent bolt acion rifle that warrants a scope if its not sacriligeous to fit one and destroy it's value...
Colin