Thread: HAWKE nite eye digi IR with parallax side winder mil dot scope

HAWKE nite eye digi IR with parallax side winder mil dot scope

What a nice scope, I had a 52 mill sidewinder and got this 50mm to replace it.. the range 6 x 24 is plenty for me and my air rifle shooting 10, 25, and 75 meters. the variable step brightness in both red and blue ( might have preferred green and red ) is great at dusk on low settings ( x10) . Optics are bright and the scope is tough but not heavy. Im really pleased as it suits my air rifle and they make a nice combination. Battery life is good and the scope turrets are easy to use and well protected. I don't need to re-adjust them as i have used the Hawke software to choose a FPS setting that gives me a good trajectory and hold over settings that i can remember in my little head. cross hairs 10-25 meters first dot 30m then 35, 40, 45 , 50 meters each dot down. Makes acquiring a target over a long variable range so easy and accurate.
    I will certainly buy another for my next rifle..plus the software chairgun pro can be used for any scope rifle combination... perhaps there are other softwares available( haven't heard of one) but then i don't need another one. Hat's off to Hawke ..Colin

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    I agree with you Colin, I tried on out on loan for a week and ended up buying two of them the following week, much better glass than the SF Varmint I had on one of my guns and a total different class to the old Nite Eye SR I had used previous to that. I particularly like the auto off function of the illumination, a real battery saver as I often do forget to switch off

I opted for the 3-12 x 50 models with the half Mil-dot ret, as I only tend to use 8x or 10x mag anyway but at these powers the scope will focus clear at quite close ranges for ratting.

I've been a long time fan of these scopes. When you compare them to other scopes costing the same, I think the Nite-Eye Digis are seriously underrated. Unfortunately they've flown under the radar, and they're in the process of being discontinued.

You're right – the first thing that struck me was the clarity of close targets, even at decent magnifications. The 50mm objective would suggest that this depth-of-field shouldn't be possible – but yet, these scopes deliver. I don't think I've come across another scope (at any price point) which can match the Nite-Eye Digis depth-of-field. It's always struck me as a bit of an anomaly. Perhaps it's the 25mm tube?

I've owned both the 2.5-10x and 3-12x models, in half mil-dot, Map 6a & SR6, and I haven't been disappointed by any of them. If you're looking for a low-mid priced scope to sit on top of a sub-12 air rifle, these scopes pack a serious amount of value. At £115, they're cheaper than the Panorama EVs and they outperform them by quite a margin thanks to their superior glass.

The SR6 reticle works particularly well with:
    • sub-12 .177 (777fps) at 12x mag – yielding 'clean' aim points at: 8, 9, 10, 13, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, & 70yds
    • sub-12 .177 (777fps) at 6x mag – yielding 'clean' aim points at: 8, 10, 13, 35, 45, 55yds
    • sub-12 .22 (569fps) at 6-7x mag – yielding 'clean' aim points at: 9, 13ish, 20, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65yds

The Map 6a reticle works particularly well with:
    • sub-12 .177 (777fps) at 6x mag – yielding 'clean' aim points at: 8, 10, 13, 35, 45, 55yds

The blackhole between 13-35yds means that you're simply placing the crosshair at the bottom of each killzone. For a lot of people, these are exactly the yardages that they are looking for in an HFT scope.
    rangetime.tumblr.com

nite eye didgi

Yes that's interesting...you think it might soon be discontinude?? I hope not...They stopped making the52mm but the super clear optics make the 50mm nite eye didgi a better replacement. I too like the auto shut off and it's not annoying as it does stay on for quite a while..
    Also as you say at 656 fps i have used the hawk chairgun pro software to set up the scope for a easy to remember set of references with the mil dot's ( 1/2 mill dot) this gives me the crosshairs on 10 through to 25 yards ( aiming point) then each mill dot down gives me 40, 50, 60, 70 yards with 35 yards on the first half point. and close to 45, 55, 65,on the following half dots..+- 5mm on the target . this i can remember without having to get out my mobile phone and look at the photo of the optic vue..for vermin... I have a long lake in front of my house on my land as well as two other fish ponds. I have at least ten holes in the far bank made by coypu and they are a nuissance, so i have a system of silver foil flags in front of each hole. then at nite when the coypu appear i can focus in on the flag at 25x and get the range exactly.. then wind the power back to either 20x or 10x ( have another set of fogures for that) and can use the nite digi on red at a low setting and just see the vermin as it swims back into it's hole..and take him out.. easy..
    Like you I will also get another nite eye when i get my second rebel in 0.22 cal..they make a super combination. At the moment i do have a 0.22 innova as well but that uses a very old ( accurate 4x20 ) demountable scope. fine in the daytime but useless at nite...thats why im getting another rebel in 0.22.and another nite eye digi, also the focus and parallax is excellent on this rifle at 20x perfect for target shooting at 15m plus. or drop to 10x for 10meters.

Colin

I think they'd be foolish to discontinue this scope... I have one on my .17HMR.

I got flack from the guys in the pub for buying 'cheap glass' ... Buts a discussion I've not regretted!

hawke nite eye digi

Hi all I have replaced my original hawke nite eye mildot with the nite eye digi sr6 and have found my shooting on hft has really improved due to the windage marks, they do not seem to be making the sr6 any more great pity.[/I]

HAWKE nite eye digi IR with parallax side winder mil dot scope

very nice pictures, so its like a 1g bov base to an hks flange.

what did you use to recirculate? and how does it sound?