What a nice scope, I had a 52 mill sidewinder and got this 50mm to replace it.. the range 6 x 24 is plenty for me and my air rifle shooting 10, 25, and 75 meters. the variable step brightness in both red and blue ( might have preferred green and red ) is great at dusk on low settings ( x10) . Optics are bright and the scope is tough but not heavy. Im really pleased as it suits my air rifle and they make a nice combination. Battery life is good and the scope turrets are easy to use and well protected. I don't need to re-adjust them as i have used the Hawke software to choose a FPS setting that gives me a good trajectory and hold over settings that i can remember in my little head. cross hairs 10-25 meters first dot 30m then 35, 40, 45 , 50 meters each dot down. Makes acquiring a target over a long variable range so easy and accurate.
I will certainly buy another for my next rifle..plus the software chairgun pro can be used for any scope rifle combination... perhaps there are other softwares available( haven't heard of one) but then i don't need another one. Hat's off to Hawke ..Colin