Thread: Phoenix Mark 11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

well said, MC

If your reply doesn't put the proper light on the Phoenix, I don't know what will. It is certainly a gratifying read about your gun,and the company it has kept in your collection. I have some hard thinking to do. I may keep the new Phoenix, or not. But your description carries a nice bit of weight, and I thank you for the thoughtful reply.
    Shoot straight!
    darryl

Quote Originally Posted by darryl View Post
    If your reply doesn't put the proper light on the Phoenix, I don't know what will. It is certainly a gratifying read about your gun,and the company it has kept in your collection. I have some hard thinking to do. I may keep the new Phoenix, or not. But your description carries a nice bit of weight, and I thank you for the thoughtful reply.
    Shoot straight!
    darryl
    No porbs Darryl. I can't really praise this gun enough. There don't seem to be many about on the second hand market and when they do they get snapped up pretty quick. Anyway atb on what you decide and happy shooting ok buddy. Guy

an update on my Phoenix MKii

It seems I can't sell the gun. I've posted it on three local boards, and not a nibble, not a question, not a comment. So...it's a keeper!!!!! I've been shooting the gun and it's been a good sample up until today. Shots going everywhere. Loose stock? Nope. Loose barrel? Nope. Loose scope? Nope. Bad scope? (switch to another true and tested scope and test the gun with it) Nope. What could it be? It's the silencer. It was a bit loose. I don't know how tight it's supposed to be, but I snugged it up, and found that being more snugged made the groups open up (and I'd grown used to the gun making tiny 5-shot holes when I shot it in my basement). Where I'm at now is here, looking for advice on this matter. I placed a large-enough o-ring on the base part of the silencer, which is glued to the barrel, I assume. Doing so allows me to turn the silencer while keeping it snugly screwed in place (the o-ring compresses or relaxes from the pressure I exert or take of of it) as I try to find a position that allows for a consistent POI instead of the drifting POI I'm seeing now. I've taken a break from trying to sort this out, but I would like to hear from this forum on possible solutions. Just to make the point, without the silencer in place the gun if legend-accurate, but loud as anything.

Imagine it. That is the only problem I'm having with the gun. At close range I get 70 good shots (no POI shift), and 80 shots if I play the shift. I'll have to study on how to adjust the 2nd stage trigger ( a bit too heavy for my taste, but not so bad as to mess up accuracy). Even the LOP is not bothersome. No issues except for that silencer. Maybe I need to drill it out to prevent a pellet-clipping situation? Is the barrel actually threaded so I can replace the silencer with another style?
    what do you think?
    darryl

got the silencer sorted out.

I did not realize the baffle could be easily removed, until I found out it could be. I drilled it out a bit to prevent clipping, and that cured the problem. Apparently shooting a double-load caused a bit of an issue inside. All better now. The fascination builds for this peculiar little gun.
    darryl

since it's now a keeper, this link

hey guys, follow this link for a recent update of my new PH Bird of Fire:http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537.../Expand+Thread
    darryl