Thread: New Rugar 10/22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    Nice write up!

How did it group, didn't you go over 20m?
    No only 20m at present it was too windy & cold to be on the outdoor range this morning, even the die hard prone shooters gave it a miss this morning so it must have been cold
    Too many air guns to list but to count them all I need to take my shoes & socks off as well
    BASC Member

Love my 10/22 and if its grouping well out of the box you got a good one mine took around 500-600 rounds before it came on song, both the auto bolt release and trigger are very easily worked with minimal effort and nothing more than a file and some wet and dry paper.

I find cci do an adequate job and they are only 7.50 per 100 happy days.

Auto bolt release modifaction has just been completed and dry fire tested in my shed in the garden. The differance it make is awesome Can't wait until tomorrow night to test it live firing at the club. The Mod took me 15-20 minutes to do including having to restrip the trigger unit to take a little bit more out with the file.
    Too many air guns to list but to count them all I need to take my shoes & socks off as well
    BASC Member

Great to hear that a standard 10/22 does what is required. If you get one that cycles reliably they are fantastic.
    I did find with mine (although no Ruger bits in except stock screw, but would expect the same to apply) that Eley ammo cruds the action faster than anything else.
    The upgrade path is endless if you feel the need, but if it works as is and you are not competing, why go down that highly addictive route.
    Mine loves Tenex and Lapua Signums but will chew through a box of minimags out of a 25 shot magazine for the best grin factor at the club