Thread: 10m target pistol - equipment

Unhappy 10m target pistol - equipment

Hi anyone who reads this post, I recently joined the Swansea rifle and archery club and quickly found that I enjoyed the challenge and the facilities they have there for 10 metre air pistol target shooting. However, I quickly realised that although the club owned a few match pistols of their own, if I wanted to progress I would need my own gun. What a headache that turned out to be. Apart from Sportsman Gun Centre in Newport who stock the Steyr LP10 there doesn't appear to be any other stockists within a 200 mile radius who keep a range of pistols ie Morini, FWB and Walther etc. The only stockist I have found is Surrey Guns and Edinkillie in Edinburgh no less.
    So my question is where can I go to see these pistols. I'm prepared to travel within reason or go to a gun show. What do other people do?

Hello Martin,
    My best suggestion would be to get in touch with the Welsh Airgun Association. I'm sure that they will have someone close to you who will have their own pistols for you to try. They can be found with an internet search for 'welsh airgun association'.Surrey Guns are great, Peter Friend always carries a varied stock of target pistols.
    I would suggest that you are limited to a choice of three pistols, either the FWB P44, Steyr LP10, or Morini CM162ei. Any of these pistols will take you as far as your ability will.
    Harry Preston (Steyr UK) is based in York, and carries a stock of Steyr air pistols. Iqbal Ubhi is the Morini agent, he lives in Birmingham and will let you try a Morini. I don't know who imports and services FWB.
    If you have any problems reaching anyone I have mentioned then PM me, I have all of their numbers.
    Regards,
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

City Air Weapons in Solihul, Birmingham are also a good supplier of Target Pistols and stock FWB, I have dealt with them on a few occasions and found them to be excellent, Surrey guns are also good & Peter is the person to speak to regarding target shooting.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

If you are going to travel then it's worth getting in touch with the NSRA Shop to enquire what they have in stock.

Rutty

Hi Martin,

Another possibility, if you are in no rush, would be to go to the British Airgun Championships at Bisley in February (21st 23rd).

You will see most makes of pistol in action there. I know Bisley stock a good selection also but I am led to believe you are not able to fire them unless you buy them !!

Good luck

Mark

First off let me thank everyone for their help and advice it's all greatly appreciated. Also a big thank you to Nick Marshall who I spent over an hour on the phone chatting. When I posted I never expected anyone would be interested in what I had to say so sorry for the late post.

I'm going to Google the Welsh Airgun Association right after this post. At least now I have something to work on and the British Airgun Championship seems worth a look, if I can last out that long

Thanks again

Martin