Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stroke lengths, TP sizes and SCR for various springers...

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    however only the stock stuff, not what i set.
    I can't blame you for that Tony --- I've just been watching that bloke on you tube who's nicking your ideas.

I've just watched him put grooves in an 80 piston that was running offset in the chuck --- and his Student sounds like a lorry engine with a knock.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I can't blame you for that Tony --- I've just been watching that bloke on you tube who's nicking your ideas.

I've just watched him put grooves in an 80 piston that was running offset in the chuck --- and his Student sounds like a lorry engine with a knock.

All the best Mick
    Some of my idea's even make BAR Mick, not me making them though, my opinion is any end user can make what they like but someone making financial gain from me....play the game and chat to me first

I'm willing to come to agreements, do NOT use my idea's and expect me to not take a dim view.

No more fresh idea's released without protecting them now, shame it has to be that way but it does...even Jim warned me it would happen a while back, should have listened to him me thinks.

95/98/new 85 are 85mm stoke, not 86, all depends what seal is fitted obviously

If I get a chance i will boot the old machine up and get my notes off it, however only the stock stuff, not what i set.
    Thanks Tony. Amended. I've found a few of the figures from your posts on various forums, but won't put anything up that's not stock.

Any nay figures and help appreciated. Just trying to get my head around it all!

Bruce

I am happy to say I use 3.9mm on 77's, 3.6 on 95's, its just some other springers that I have done I have now decided to keep what I use mum for now so you could quote me on those in the first post. Regards the 95 stroke it all depends on whats seals are used, most i have measured (around 8) have all been 85mm, however add a vortek seal and they are 87mm...

Think caliber size might be important here😉
    TX200HC, Prosport, LGV - ex PCP pussy!

All the best Mick
    I haven't looked at the videos........I really ought to.....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I haven't looked at the videos........I really ought to.....
    Hi Tone

I recommend buttoning a HW80 piston Part 1 for starters.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by tokoloshe View Post
    Think caliber size might be important here😉
    All the above details are the same for every caliber on the stock rifles.... As far as I'm aware.

Hi Tone

All the best Mick
    Cheers, will have a peep!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hi Tone

All the best Mick
    By Bosch!! Oh my, I really cannot believe that!

At least I've had a little tonic for the day....that got me laughing!

Boys, you've got nowt to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    By Bosch!! Oh my, I really cannot believe that!

At least I've had a little tonic for the day....that got me laughing!

Boys, you've got nowt to worry about!

Hi Tony

To think I was worried because my lathe ran out by 3 thou" over 24".

All the best Mick

Bruce

I am happy to say I use 3.9mm on 77's, 3.6 on 95's, its just some other springers that I have done I have now decided to keep what I use mum for now so you could quote me on those in the first post. Regards the 95 stroke it all depends on whats seals are used, most i have measured (around 8) have all been 85mm, however add a vortek seal and they are 87mm...

Cheers Tony. That'll really help visualise what happens with the SCR when the TP is opened up and how it compares to other rifles.

Ill do it from work tomorrow as I can't deal with going through the HTML on an ipad lol

Thanks also to Mick for sharing the HW35LGV details.

Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    All the above details are the same for every caliber on the stock rifles.... As far as I'm aware.
    Fair point but if custom builds are added you will need this info. Also, as in the TX, different weighted pistons by use of different top hats dictate calibre size in std form. Don't know how much detail you want but suspect more rather than less😊
    Anyway, here's some data on a TXHC

Stroke - ~98mm
    TP - ~3.65mm x 9.8mm long
    Piston wt - ~225g (.177 add 27g for top hat)
    (.22 add 16g for top hat)
    Bore dia - 25mm
    TX200HC, Prosport, LGV - ex PCP pussy!

you can tune springers to shoot heavy pellets more efficiently, this is done with stroke and transfer port, shorter stroke and so smaller TP to give a higher peak pressure and would you believe a springer starts acting like a PCP.

when i did that 25mm 80 you shot at the bash Bruce originally it was favouring 16 to 20gr pellets more than 15 and under, Hobby were under 9fpe but baracuda hunters were 13+fpe, it took me a while to get my head round it but i eventually worked on the stoke and dialled in Hobby shooting at the same power (near enough) and get this the high and low met in the middle...the 19gr come down to 11+ and the 12gr went up to 11+

This notion springers shoot lighter pellets more efficiently is due to poor design, not what springers can do. Im thinking an LGV in .22 with a DE spec piston will be quite the machine for this, if anything it may just need a few mm of stroke adding to equal things up at worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tokoloshe View Post
    Fair point but if custom builds are added you will need this info. Also, as in the TX, different weighted pistons by use of different top hats dictate calibre size in std form. Don't know how much detail you want but suspect more rather than less😊
    Anyway, here's some data on a TXHC

Stroke - ~98mm
    TP - ~3.65mm x 9.8mm long
    Piston wt - ~225g (.177 add 27g for top hat)
    (.22 add 16g for top hat)
    Bore dia - 25mm

Good point mate!

many thanks for the extra info. Will add these tomorrow

atb
    bruce